Kaplan's Practice AAMC material

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pbehzad

Faddayy
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took Kaplan for the April MCAT, and did some of the AAMC science passages. I started to go back to the Kaplan center in my hometown and work on the AAMC science passages again, cause I'll be going up to New York for the summer time to do research. So I'm wondering if people thought the recommended AAMC physical and biological passages were helpful? I wanted to do all of the passages before I leave cause I won't be going to the Kaplan cneter up in New York cause I'm unfamiliar with the area. Do you think the practice AAMC stuff Kaplan recommends were along the lines of the real mcat?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I have been doing some of them too, but I'm not really sure what to tell you. I have noticed that they are easier than the regular Kaplan stuff as far as the calculations go, but everyone seems to say that. I know the problems came out in the early to mid 90's so they are a little bit dated. Even if they aren't quite as difficult, I think the extra practice is good just to test your understanding of the concepts and the questions are good for that. By the way, I've only done PS passages so far so I don't know about the BS.

The AAMC practice exams are real MCATs from the 1990s. I didn't take Kaplan, though I used some of their materials in prep, but I did buy access to the AAMC tests directly and I found them extremely helpful. I did them as full-length practice tests, though, not just as practice items.

(I took the test in August 2003, so this is not theoretical. ;) )