kaplan step 1 lecture notes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thatslife

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
have you used kaplan lecture notes w/o the class? how did you find them?

i am also looking for used kaplan step 1 lecture notes, if you have them and are willing to part with them, please PM me.

Members don't see this ad.

i am also looking for used kaplan step 1 lecture notes, if you have them and are willing to part with them, please PM me.

I used the Kaplan Notes for biochemistry, and they were golden. They are even better if you have the videos. I am currently using them to prepare for Gross Anatomy Shelf. I'll let you know how that turns out.

You can generally buy them on ebay. Ebay pulls anything with the name "Kaplan" once a week (usually on Monday I think?), so just keep checking if you don't find anything initially. I bought them and didn't really use them during first year, and when I did go to use them I found a really obvious physiology error in them. You might just consider other review books as well (BRS books are generally pretty good).

I would really advise against using the Kaplan books without their corresponding lectures. Most of the Kaplan books were designed to be used in the lecture setting. For example, the Path book is only a skeleton. You add the additional info in class via Dr. Barone's lectures (whether they be live or on video).

There are a few books that could be used by themselves. Biochem is definitely one of them, as Dr. Hansen would just read the book out in lecture....word...for..word. Micro/Immuno should be okay to do without the lectures as well.

However, don't forget that even the newest Kaplan books often have mistakes in them, usually due to printing errors and such. When you take a live lecture you are given handouts that correct all the mistakes,and the professors will even tell you, "cross that out it's wrong," or "cross that out, it's no longer tested." So buyer beware, if you read these books without that sort of guidance, you may learn something wrong. If you do get your books second hand, make sure to get ones that have the additional hand-outs or were at least edited by someone who attended a lecture.