Kaplan PAT section-compared to Actual DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RozhonDDS

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI, everyone I was just curious of the opinion of individuals who took the DAT, pertaining to whether the kaplan practice PAT's are easier/harder/or very similar to the ACTUAL DAT!

thank you very much and i look forward to reading to everyones responses

Members don't see this ad.

The angel ranking seemed much more difficult on the actual DAT. All other sections of the PAT were about the same.

RozhonDDS said:
HI, everyone I was just curious of the opinion of individuals who took the DAT, pertaining to whether the kaplan practice PAT's are easier/harder/or very similar to the ACTUAL DAT!

thank you very much and i look forward to reading to everyones responses

Buy DAT Achiever. I averaged a 22-23 Kaplan and got a 17 on the real thing. So far, the best material I have found is for the PAT is DAT achiever; not to mention that the other sections are great prep as well. The Reading section is comparable to the real DAT, the QR is just as hard or harder, and the science sections are definitely harder but are very good prep because if you can get a 18-20 on DAT Achiever you are ready for the real test. The PAT also comes with 3D explanations to help you visualize the shapes. I also bought Ace the DAT and had one practice test left over to take from my first DAT. When I took my first DAT I barely could get a 17 (53 right) on Ace the DAT, now after I used DAT Achiever, my score was a 19 (66 right). I believe it can get you a good 1-2 point jump. Try to develop techniques for each section to get the right answer fast. However, the key for the whole test is to remember to think. I know that hurt me the first time. That can save you a point or two in every section. Dont rush through when you think the answer is obvious because some questions have a little twist that can be easily overseen causing an incorrect response. Good luck and buy DAT Achiever. I wish I had the first time. Topscore is also a good source for the sciences and extra PAT practice although its PAT is somewhat too easy. I saw a 2-3 point drop from my real DAT as well as my friend did.

J DUB said:
Buy DAT Achiever. I averaged a 22-23 Kaplan and got a 17 on the real thing. So far, the best material I have found is for the PAT is DAT achiever; not to mention that the other sections are great prep as well. The Reading section is comparable to the real DAT, the QR is just as hard or harder, and the science sections are definitely harder but are very good prep because if you can get a 18-20 on DAT Achiever you are ready for the real test. The PAT also comes with 3D explanations to help you visualize the shapes. I also bought Ace the DAT and had one practice test left over to take from my first DAT. When I took my first DAT I barely could get a 17 (53 right) on Ace the DAT, now after I used DAT Achiever, my score was a 19 (66 right). I believe it can get you a good 1-2 point jump. Try to develop techniques for each section to get the right answer fast. However, the key for the whole test is to remember to think. I know that hurt me the first time. That can save you a point or two in every section. Dont rush through when you think the answer is obvious because some questions have a little twist that can be easily overseen causing an incorrect response. Good luck and buy DAT Achiever. I wish I had the first time. Topscore is also a good source for the sciences and extra PAT practice although its PAT is somewhat too easy. I saw a 2-3 point drop from my real DAT as well as my friend did.

where do you buy the DAT achiever?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you guys provide a link to the DAT Achiever? Are there a lot of problems for math and pat sections on the DAT Achiever? I'm having so much trouble on these.....thanks

Here's the link to DAT Achiever:

http://www.3tquest.com/

Use it and treat its sample tests like the real things and you will see wonders on the DAT day just like what I had experienced. :thumbup: :thumbup:

kathy92840 said:
... Are there a lot of problems for math and pat sections on the DAT Achiever? I'm having so much trouble on these.....thanks

3 complete tests for each. If you score 17 or lower for the first test, don't waste the second and the third ones right after that. Work on your weaknesses and give your better shots on those subsequent sample exams when you feel ready to. That's pretty important step in getting your DAT scores raised eventually...