Kaplan or Schuams for bio???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

golfmontpoker

I hate chemistry
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, i have purchased the Kaplans blue blook and Schuams outline for biology... Should i even bother studying the bio part in the kaplan book or just stick to Schuams for the bio??

Members don't see this ad.

golfmontpoker said:
Alright, i have purchased the Kaplans blue blook and Schuams outline for biology... Should i even bother studying the bio part in the kaplan book or just stick to Schuams for the bio??

Kaplan is like a list of things you need to know for the DAT, but it doesn't explain anything in detail.

Schaum's Outline is a really good review, and it explains a lot of different topics very thoroughly. A lot of concepts is good to know, but a lot of it probably won't be in the DAT.

It depends on what level you are at. If you are comfortable with a particular section of biology (meaning you know this stuff thoroughly already, but you just need to refresh), then go with Kaplan. If you are not comfortable or unsure with a particular section of biology (i.e. don't know anything about classification, ecology..etc.), then do with Schaums because it will give you a better background.

I would emphasize the taxonomy and ecology section from the Schuam's outline.