kaplan lectures

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toccata

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm talking about kaplan's class lectures...
are these helpful and worth taking?
any comments? :)

Members don't see this ad.

I took Kaplan and didnt think the lectures were helpful at first, but looking back it really did help. Make sure you do every single problem that they give you with your course though. I did every single one at least twice and made sure that I read and understood the answers they supply even if I got the problem right. I teach DAT classes now and that is the biggest mistake I see. People complain and what a refund b/c their score did not go higher. I look at their online assignment completions and they havent done anything! So make sure you do all the problems they suppley and you wont have a prob. on test day

BenignDMD said:
I took Kaplan and didnt think the lectures were helpful at first, but looking back it really did help. Make sure you do every single problem that they give you with your course though. I did every single one at least twice and made sure that I read and understood the answers they supply even if I got the problem right. I teach DAT classes now and that is the biggest mistake I see. People complain and what a refund b/c their score did not go higher. I look at their online assignment completions and they havent done anything! So make sure you do all the problems they suppley and you wont have a prob. on test day

thank you. i guess i'll attend the lectures.
nice scores!

the class is a must! no matter how well you know the material, the class will put it all in DAT language and make it easier. they have tests from years before that they break down and give you the best advice you can get. you should really take the class.

Members don't see this ad :)
albodent said:
the class is a must! no matter how well you know the material, the class will put it all in DAT language and make it easier. they have tests from years before that they break down and give you the best advice you can get. you should really take the class.

Here's a silly question, but I feel like asking it anyway... if you take the Kaplan course, should you get the blue book as well? I wanted to start getting aquainted with the test this summer, and then take the course next summer right before the DAT. Is it worth buying the book if I do course in the future?

wigglytooth said:
Here's a silly question, but I feel like asking it anyway... if you take the Kaplan course, should you get the blue book as well? I wanted to start getting aquainted with the test this summer, and then take the course next summer right before the DAT. Is it worth buying the book if I do course in the future?
When you take the course, you'll get a white book that's identical to the blue book sold in bookstores, except the white book you'll be given has end-of-chapter questions as well (the blue book doesn't).