"KAPLAN" = Home Study or Lecture Notes. ARE THEY SAME?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rishi718

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
all over forum it is stated "Kaplan biochem"

and Kaplan pharm
and Kaplan physio
and Kaplan behavioral

are best for study/reference in that order

is it true kaplan immuno, viruses, and nuero are best too?

and MY QUESTION IS WHEN PEOPLE KEEP SAYING KAPLAN are they referring to the LECTURE NOTES or the home study notes

ARE THESE WRITTEN BY SAME PERSON

cus if they are similar, the home study version would be much shorter, and beneficial at this time?

Members don't see this ad.

I think generally, people are referring to the lecture notes. If you are reading a forum with mostly IMGs, they will have a very long time to study (6months-1year) so they use the Kaplan lecture notes, because they are around 3000+ pages of dense material and most AMGs don't have time to get through that. They are more detailed than the home study books. I have both. I've used both for reference and I'll quickly read a section (e.g. Immunology) if I feel weak or need a refresher. Usually I can quickly skim the section in a week or so as I go along with my courses.

I don't think most people use Kaplan lecture notes on this forum, but I've seen them mentioned before.

all over forum it is stated "Kaplan biochem"

and Kaplan pharm
and Kaplan physio
and Kaplan behavioral

are best for study/reference in that order

is it true kaplan immuno, viruses, and nuero are best too?

and MY QUESTION IS WHEN PEOPLE KEEP SAYING KAPLAN are they referring to the LECTURE NOTES or the home study notes

ARE THESE WRITTEN BY SAME PERSON

cus if they are similar, the home study version would be much shorter, and beneficial at this time?

Im wondering if the home study is by the same authors as the lecture notes

bc i wanted to use kaplan lecture notes for biochem. behaviora. immuno. viruses. n maybe pharm.

cus it would be nice to use the above sections from home study instead of going through huge kaplan lecture books, if they are of the same author/quality?