Kaplan Diagnostic 12 Days Until MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Manny Q's

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I scored a 495 on the diagnostic and I test in 12 days... Last AAMC FL I took was a month ago and scored a 500. I KNOW AAMC IS MORE PREDICTIVE but how can I interpret this score? I am looking for a 505
on the real deal.
Question I am asking: What did you get on Kaplan Diagnostic, what have you been scoring on AAMC, and how early/late did you take it relative to your real MCAT test?

Members don't see this ad.

AAMC material should be saved for last. It is known that some companies deflate their diagnostics in order to get students to sign up for their classes or buy their products. At this point, I would take another AAMC FL if you can and see how you score on that. If you are not scoring well on the AAMC FL then you shouldn't expect to score well on the actual exam either and should void your exam until you're ready. I know this might sound harsh, but it's infinitely better than not scoring as high as you'd like and having to retake.

Reactions: 1 user
Why did you take your diagnostics so late? Was it half or full-length? I took it 3 months before, got a 498? Dont remember. 510 on the real thing. A month before the real exam, I took AAMC FLs for 3 weeks and reviewed on the last week (508, 508, 503 respectively). I think you should postpone it for a month or two. A bad score will may delay your app for an entire cycle.

Do not take the test or void. Actually prepare for the exam (5+ FL exams while reviewing) and then return to take the real deal.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why did you take your diagnostics so late? Was it half or full-length? I took it 3 months before, got a 498? Dont remember. 510 on the real thing. A month before the real exam, I took AAMC FLs for 3 weeks and reviewed on the last week (508, 508, 503 respectively). I think you should postpone it for a month or two. A bad score will may delay your app for an entire cycle.
I took it just because.
I've taken aamc FLs and got 500, 501 and 5 next step exams and averages around a 504. Not my first test. I was planning on taking FL3 before the bronze deadline.

AAMC material should be saved for last. It is known that some companies deflate their diagnostics in order to get students to sign up for their classes or buy their products. At this point, I would take another AAMC FL if you can and see how you score on that. If you are not scoring well on the AAMC FL then you shouldn't expect to score well on the actual exam either and should void your exam until you're ready. I know this might sound harsh, but it's infinitely better than not scoring as high as you'd like and having to retake.
I've already done aamc. I ran out of material to work with so I started looking at other stuff. Thanks for not answering my question.