USMLE Kaplan CS 5-day Live Prep - can anyone share their experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alternatego

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking this prep course in 2 weeks time and my CS is scheduled for Jan 29. Could anyone share their experience with Kaplan? Can I rely on it as my sole practice?
I will practice cases with a friend of mine, but since neither he nor I have ever practiced medicine in America, we have no clue as to how to behave during a SP encounter. I also bought a 30 day suscription to UW CS but have no idea as to how to properly use it.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there,

My best advice for you would be to practice with natives from the USA who have passed the exam. Practice with a few of them and ask them for constructive feedback.

Thanks, but thats not really an option as I only know 1 other person who took (and passed) this exam

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I'm taking this prep course in 2 weeks time and my CS is scheduled for Jan 29. Could anyone share their experience with Kaplan? Can I rely on it as my sole practice?
I will practice cases with a friend of mine, but since neither he nor I have ever practiced medicine in America, we have no clue as to how to behave during a SP encounter. I also bought a 30 day suscription to UW CS but have no idea as to how to properly use it.

I dont think any of us has taken that Kaplan CS course. There is a recent excellent post in this forum about the CS exam. I suppose reading the first aid CS book, the sdn person's comments and Kaplan CS should be enough but that is assuming you have some idea of the US patient to doctor relationship.

Members don't see this ad :)
Posting an update here in case anyone else has the same question as I did, Kaplan's 5 day course for CS is EXCELLENT, you don't need any sort of preparation prior to the course as they will teach you everything you need to know. The days are very intense and you typically spend at least 10 hours each day in the prep center, but its worth it as they give you such an amazing feedback and train you so well and in such an individualized basis that you will feel orders of magnitude more confident at the moment of taking the exam.The course includes a mock exam with 12 pt encounters, after which you'll get an extensive performance report telling you what your strenghts and weaknesses are, so you know what to focus while practicing before the real exam.

I took it in Newark btw.

Hi how did it go?
And is it ok to take the test a few days after the course? Or does one need 2 weeks?