Kaplan Course

subedude

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey to all, I was just wondering if anyone has taken the Kaplan Course and if so, whether it was worth the money or not??? I've asked people from my school and gotten mixed results so I just wanted to hear what anyone else would have to say about it. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

I highly recommend the course. Much of the material was a lot harder than what you will face on the OAT but it gave an excellent overview and preparation. The full length exams as well as the tests and flash cards (flash cards are wicked for reviewing the day of). It ensures that you will be comfortable taking a computer test (if you haven’t done it before) and gives you tips (i.e. learn to use the mouse with your left hand so you can write with your right hand, how to organize your scratch paper, etc). I am not sure what you situation was, but I was in my final year of undergrad when I took it, so I needed a good refresher course for the basic chem and bio stuff. I ended up doing well on the test. Money well spent!

Do not take the course. Just buy the books...the books are what helps..NOT THE COURSE. 1400 dollars is insane

I would have spent 500 on the books. I only studied the books and I went up 40 points in each section.

Let me know if you want to buy my flashcards of the big review notes book which tells u everything. P/M me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,

I highly recommend the course. Much of the material was a lot harder than what you will face on the OAT but it gave an excellent overview and preparation. The full length exams as well as the tests and flash cards (flash cards are wicked for reviewing the day of). It ensures that you will be comfortable taking a computer test (if you haven’t done it before) and gives you tips (i.e. learn to use the mouse with your left hand so you can write with your right hand, how to organize your scratch paper, etc). I am not sure what you situation was, but I was in my final year of undergrad when I took it, so I needed a good refresher course for the basic chem and bio stuff. I ended up doing well on the test. Money well spent!

So, would you recommend taking the course over just buying the materials and studying on your own from those? I am also in my last year of undergrad and it has been a long time since I have had some of the basic courses. I am considering taking the course because I am sure I have forgotten some of that material.

I would never spend that much money on a class to prepare for a test like the OAT. It is money that is wasted. Get the book from the class like other people suggest. I'm a senior this year and I didn't remember everything from my freshman biology classes either. I studied for the exam on my own and got a decent score and am an accepted student (PCO 2011). I guess the bottom line is how well you can study on your own. If you have the drive and motivation and can learn things on your own, don't take the course. I didn't have flashcards and I hardly used the Kaplan OAT Review Notes book. It's up to you, but I wouldn't recommend taking the Kaplan course. PS. I'm TERRIBLE with standardized exams but taking practice tests really helped me out.

my experience with kaplan has been terrible. i definitely do NOT recommend the course. studying on your own would save a lot of money and time. they have the best materials, however (probably because they're one of the few people that actually make oat material), but, as my experiences have shown, that doesn't necessarily make them very knowledgeable about the test. again..BAAAAD experience.