Kaplan chemistry subject tests getting me down

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KHANSAHAAB

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have done 3 gen chem subject test and I've gotten the following scores: 67%, 77%, 67%.

Should I be worried?

Members don't see this ad.

KHANSAHAAB said:
I have done 3 gen chem subject test and I've gotten the following scores: 67%, 77%, 67%.

Should I be worried?

No, you'll do fine. Expect scores 19 or above. Good Job!

GC and OC were my hardest subjects in school and I really struggled when I was studying for the DAT. My practice exams were usually around 12-15 for OC and 15-17 for GC. You really need patience for these two subjects and just get down and dirty and STUDY YOUR BUTT OFF. I managed to pull of a 21 on GC (dont ask me how) and luckily got away with a 17 in OC. :D Spend more time focusing on studying rather than on how you'll do on the DAT. Everything usually works out in the end.

Members don't see this ad :)
KHANSAHAAB said:

Should I be worried?
To tell you the truth, DAT organic chemistry and general chemistry is quite easy. If you read the kaplan book and understand it well, you will ace the exam.

Take care,
Rich

have the basics down cold, and the chem sections on the DAT will be a breeze... very straight-forward and less time-consuming compared to the practice tests i have taken.

Kaplan chem subject tests are ten times harder than anything on the DAT. scoring in the 60s and 70s, you'll be pleasantly surprised with the real thing

remember that kaplan is not going to teach you what you don't know....it will help identify the things you need to review/improve. see if there are any trends to what your are missing and study up on those points. you are doing fine. my kaplan final i had a overall score of a 16 and took the DAT 4 days later and got a overall of 21. Trust yourself...the stuff your score correctly is what you KNOW do a quick review but don't waste time going over it too much. Good Luck
mm

Haha Kaplan freaked me out. I was scoring like 15's on gchem sections a few days before my DAT. I managed to get a 21 in gchem so don't stress out too much.

agreed.. ochem and gchem is very manageable on the real DAT.. don't get bogged down by calculations.. just round to easy numbers..