Kaiser San Francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NoNews

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Kaiser San Francisco is currently looking to fill 1-2 PGY-2 IM positions.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

Do these spots have to be filled immediately? or are they for July'11? I'm currently a PGY1 in IM in Socal and would like to move back to the bay. How do I apply?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Contact the GME office at Kaiser SF. There is at least one position open now.

Members don't see this ad :)
The website states, "Residents also choose our program because they are seeking a career advantage in the competitive northern California marketplace." Does this mean that it's actually difficult to get a job as an IM doc in Northern California? Is there any documentation of No Cal being a tough job market?

Hi
i am doing transitional year , would you consider my application and do u take H1 transfers or sponsor J1 VISA, if so please let me know how to apply

Anyone know if these positions have been filled? Also, why the open spots? I thought Kaiser SF was a moderately competitive place to match cause of good schedule and location. Are the residents happy/unhappy? Thanks.

The website states, "Residents also choose our program because they are seeking a career advantage in the competitive northern California marketplace." Does this mean that it's actually difficult to get a job as an IM doc in Northern California? Is there any documentation of No Cal being a tough job market?
Fairly hard, compared with other places. It could definitely be challenging to find something in SF itself, and being already in the area would be a definite advantage when looking for a job there.