k

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

omgomfs

Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
1) Yes
2) No, probably not
3) Depends on the individual non-cat rather than the program. Most programs try to avoid taking their own non-cats.
4) No
5) The match rate is ~50%, so many people are doing non-cat years. Some are doing multiple. There is no guarantee to match. I know non-cats who don’t get a single interview. There are many applicants with good CBSE scores and good grades. The only people who could answer your question are program directors.

Reactions: 1 user
OMGOMFS,

It seems from some of your other threads that you still haven't started dental school. I am going to offer some unsolicited, but loving advice.... SLOW DOWN!

It is awesome that you seem so passionate about OMFS, but you are literally years away from the process. It is great to keep the goal of OMFS in your periphery and wise to make decisions based on this goal, but you are focusing too soon on the fine details. If you're in college right now, enjoy your last 6 months of college and don't be thinking about any of this. Once you get to dental school, make friends and have fun! Do everything you can to keep your grades and class rank up but keep yourself sane in the process. When it comes time to get ready for the CBSE, study your butt off and get the best score you can. Who knows, there might be a completely different application process by the time it is your year to apply. Don't start thinking about what on your application can compensate for something else-You haven't even started your journey yet!

Feel free to message me.

Reactions: 5 users