COMLEX Just took the COMLEX Level III

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted542994

Hello,

I just got my butt whooped by the COMLEX Level 3 yesterday. I got tell you that this was one the hardest test I have ever taken in my life, if not the hardest. I am still shell-shocked with how complex and difficult the questions were, especially the osteopathic questions.

I have the distinct feeling that I failed and am extremely worried. Does anyone know out the 400 questions how many questions one can fail and still pass this stupid exam (sorry but I am really upset!).

Did anyone else had a similar experience?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I feel your pain. I also took that test... it was awful. I feel defeated and completely violated from a test taking point of view. I basically studied exactly how I did for 1 and 2, and I've never felt worse about an exam. I am in pgy2 for internal med and thought that I'd be prepared, bc you know.... 75% of FA is medicine... but no, that test was all OBGYN peds and GU, and it wasn't even the obgyn peds gu that is in the question banks or in FA. I actually read the FA for obgyn before step 2, and the questions on this step 3 were not covered in that. Some of those basic pcp/family questions were so out of left field! I took the entire time and I almost ran out of time on 2 questions. My only comfort is that the passing score is 350 and I felt awful after steps 1 and 2 but did well, but I didn't feel this awful... this is a new level of awful... like sold myself on the street and my mom saw me doing it, awful.

Oh, and I read savarese and FA for comlex... a lot of the OMM wasn't in there... like 2/3 bc I went back to see what I could remember. Also, the answers to a lot of the guideline related questions are ambiguous even on the CDC and USPTF websites. Totally unfair test... idk how to prepare for it other than to be med/peds with a subspecialization in female-gu.

This is how COMLEX step 1 was this year, absolutely ridonkulous OPP questions and basically 50% OBGYN and micro. Seems like they're trying new things out... But I will say I felt like I had no idea how to answer the OPP and failed that part... Just got my score back Monday and I did pretty good on the OPP - they must have thrown a ton of those questions out