Just took NAPLEX

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bizarre123

Reaction score
NEED YOUR NAPLEX FEEDBACK PLEASEEE!!
Hi everyone!
I just took my NAPLEX yesterday and almost cried walking out. I am worried I didn’t make it!!
People say it’s so easy but my test was so hard. My first half of the exam was just HIV, onc!! So many cases and questions on this topic. I had lot of calculations and ID and psych for the other half. I barely feel like I knew may be 15 questions and may have gotten 50% of calculations right hopefully. I didn’t get time so had to guess on like last 10-15 questions!! I am so scared about the results and whether I would pass!?
anyone else had this experience? Is it normal to get so many HIV questions? And such hard topics for half the exam??

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Nope, when I took it a while back I knew I passed coming out.. math was super simple and select all the apply questions were very doable. However, the CPJE on the other hand is a complete monster

Nope, when I took it a while back I knew I passed coming out.. math was super simple and select all the apply questions were very doable. However, the CPJE on the other hand is a complete monster
My math wasn’t too bad either but there were few that were tricky
The theory was quite complicated unlike what I heard others get

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone!
I just took my NAPLEX yesterday and almost cried walking out. I am worried I didn’t make it!!
People say it’s so easy but my test was so hard. My first half of the exam was just HIV, onc!! So many cases and questions on this topic. I had lot of calculations and ID and psych for the other half. I barely feel like I knew may be 15 questions and may have gotten 50% of calculations right hopefully. I didn’t get time so had to guess on like last 10-15 questions!! I am so scared about the results and whether I would pass!?
anyone else had this experience? Is it normal to get so many HIV questions? And such hard topics for half the exam??
Do not worry!! you will fine! I took mine Tuesday!! was not easy !! but I got the result today and I PASS!! you will be fine

Reactions: 1 user
I made an account just so that I could respond to this. I know EXACTLY how you feel. Took the NAPLEX today and went home bawling my eyes out.
MINE WAS ALSO SUPER HEAVY IN HIV + ONC! I had at least 30 questions relating to those topics. As soon as I got home, I immediately started googling forums and reading all reddit posts relating to the NAPLEX to see if anyone shared the same experience and then when I found your post, I couldn't believe it.

I wasn't expecting that many HIV/ONC questions and I had to guess on a lot which was not a good feeling. The other half of my questions were heavy in calculations/diabetes/ID/anticoagulation. I am already preparing for the worst and embracing the fact that I will have to retake it...

Reactions: 1 users
I made an account just so that I could respond to this. I know EXACTLY how you feel. Took the NAPLEX today and went home bawling my eyes out.
MINE WAS ALSO SUPER HEAVY IN HIV + ONC! I had at least 30 questions relating to those topics. As soon as I got home, I immediately started googling forums and reading all reddit posts relating to the NAPLEX to see if anyone shared the same experience and then when I found your post, I couldn't believe it.

I wasn't expecting that many HIV/ONC questions and I had to guess on a lot which was not a good feeling. The other half of my questions were heavy in calculations/diabetes/ID/anticoagulation. I am already preparing for the worst and embracing the fact that I will have to retake it...
OMG it sounds like you had very similar exam to mine!!
I am just hoping for the best! For now let’s just believe in us and the hard work we put in to get through this!

Reactions: 1 user

Hi, I can say I didn't come out of it with absolute confidence about passing either but ended up with high triple digits. I think because of how high stakes this examination is, it's hard to accept the fact that you most likely did well on it. I was preparing myself for the possibility of re-taking it more than celebrating because that was an easier alternative than the other way around.

Based on the shared experience by my classmates, the NAPLEX seems super random. I had tons of COPD questions and didn't get a single ONC. I also didn't feel my exam had as much math as I was anticipating. It wasn't until almost question 75-100 before I got my first calculation question. While many of classmates reported their version were heavy with ONC, HIV, ID, IV compatibility, compounding, etc.

Reactions: 2 users

Did you receive results yet? Still haven’t got mine

Last edited: