Just Started Studying

Luv4Eyes

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone just started studying for the OAT? Please reply with your study plan and what materials you'll be using.

For those of you that have already taken the OAT, about how many hours did you devote to studing for the test? ...and, were your results positive or not.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm working full time and am planning to take the OAT this coming April.

I'm using the Kaplan DAT blue book and AP chem and AP physics review books to refresh my memory on some of the material I learned couple years ago. The AP study guides are pretty helpful because they give good explanations and good practice questions.

It's gonna be some crazy study/work schedule for the next couple months..... :scared:

hey. i haven't taken the test yet but im using achiever and the MCAT kaplan review book (the 2007 edition). Some people suggested using the DAT one but then they dont' have physics covered and the MCAT is really doing it for me. Oh also i have schaum's outlines for bio chem and physics. although they are much more detailed than what you would probably need to know they do help when you need to dig deeper into a particular topic. ok good luck to u and me :D

I have some review material that was very helpful that I am now selling:

I have the 1200 page review book that you can only get from the kaplan class, 5 practice tests for each - math, physics, bio, gen chem, org chem - with answers (30 tests total), and flash cards. oh yea, and 2 practice tests that combine bio, gen and org chem-natural science integration tests, so it would be 6 more tests. I'm asking 375$.

I also have another set that I am selling for a friend. It is the same thing as above but no flash cards. This set will be 325$.

Please email me at "[email protected]" if you are interested. Thanks!

oh yea, and i used OAT Achiever and Topscore. Achiever was more helpful. But of course the 30+ practice tests and 1200 page book was too.:)