Just have been admitted to U@Buffalo..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cutiepie83

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

It's been a while that I haven't been on here. Congrats to all of you that received all the great admits!! :thumbup:

Well today I received an admit to SUNY-Buffalo's MPH program in epidemiology. Now I do believe that it is not accredited by ceph or asph, how would that affect the degree itself? The only reason why I've been contemplating the offer is b/c of its proximity to my house in Canada. Does anyone have any insight on the program or anything that I should need to consider about the offer? I've tried to research SDN and the net but couldn't find anything (other the course description from the site itself). I guess anything will help at this point.

Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

Any place in the US is close to Canada. All we are talking about is a 2 hour drive Vs.a 2 hour flight..

I say go for the best place you have an offer from. After all, MPH is max 2 years long, so you wouldn't be away from home for too long. Further, its always better to do your graduation form an accredited school, IMHO.

Good Luck!

I agree with the last post. It's probably safer to go to an accredited institution. I was considering the University of Wisconsin's new MPH program because it is in my hometown. But since it's not accreditted and the program is not very well established or recognized, I've ruled out going there. I guess it depends on how important it is to live near home (eg. if you have a sick parent or have responsibilities at home).

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys for the inputs. I guess I already knew my answer but hoped for ..well some hope. I really liked the school b/c its has many opportunities in cancer research. I got in touch with a few students down at U@Buff. and they all said that the school is in the process of accredition, but I dont want to take the risk of not having my degree from an accredited program. Ah well.. I guess being distant from family is inevitable. Nevertheless, the education will be worth it. :D .

cutiepie83 said:
..Nevertheless, the education will be worth it..
Or so you hope.. ;)