Just Got A Pink Slip!!!???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mjl1717

Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Meaning I was just released from my job as physician assistant (due to low patient volume) after 9years.(kinda saw something coming)
They even said they'd give me good recs. and invited me to the free luncheon on that day!
My question is this.( I never had to go through much trauma to find a job ,not sure about that now)
Are there any leads to finding a job in primary care medicine as P.A. in Long Island or N.Y.C. area for the mid part of next year2004? Email [email protected] or leave private message in this forum.

Members don't see this ad.

I always thought a PA's job was very secure.

How often does something like this happen?

omg, if you can't find a position in NYC there is no work to be had anywhere. How about public health, or VA. They might not be your first choice but they should not fail you either.

nyc is actually a pretty tight market for midlevels of all kinds because there are so many programs in the area and people want to live in the city. if you expand your search to include upstate ny, new jersey and pennsylvania you should find a job in a few days. good luck
ps I just checked monster.com and they have several jobs for pa's listed in the nyc area. give that a try. use physician assistant in the search window, not pa.