Just got a C+. Good GPA and MCAT though...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doohickey550

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got my grade back from a genetics course I was taking this semester and I got a C+. I have completed all my premed stuff already and I had a 3.97 science GPA till now. (this C+ will lower my science GPA but I should still have around a 3.85 with a cumulative of around 3.65). My MCAT score is a 30Q and I am getting ready to re-apply to schools now.

How badly do you think this C+ will harm me and how should I best explain it? (It is in fact due to my having one of the worst teachers in existance...)

This is my 3rd time applying to medical school and I finally have a decent MCAT score to go with it.

Please weigh in here.

Thank you.

:barf:

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think it'll hurt too much seeing as your GPA is still good. Your MCAT's not terrible, either, and you should be fine (Assuming its been going up every time you've taken it).

Out of curiosity, though, have you been only applying MD? Or have you been applying DO as well?

You shouldn't worry too much a decent GPA with a C won't be a red flag. However, you might get asked about it during an interview.