Just awarded 4 yr HPSP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

twh019

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my recruiter called me today that I was awarded the 4 year HPSP from the boards that met last Tuesday. I feel really good about. I always wanted to be in the military as a young boy, and doing so in the profession I've come to pursue just seems great right now.

I won't be able to commission as 2LT until I graduate, which is May 18th though.
Does this mean that my spot is still "locked in?"

Also, I am getting married June 29th, and my future wife mentioned about wearing Army dress blues. I didn't know if I would be able to even have a uniform by then (given I will attend OBLC after my first year of dental school). I figured the uniform stuff doesn't get figured out until then. Is that right?

Anyways, I'm excited about this opportunity and privilege.

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations! If you don't mind, could you tell me what gpa and DAT score you have? I'd just like to hear it from someone who was actually chosen..thank you

Congratulations! If you don't mind, could you tell me what gpa and DAT score you have? I'd just like to hear it from someone who was actually chosen..thank you

Sure!
20Bio/20GC/18OC 20PAT/20RC/21QR

GPA: 3.8 (biochemistry degree)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Sure!
20Bio/20GC/18OC 20PAT/20RC/21QR

GPA: 3.8 (biochemistry degree)

Awesome..you did very well! I have somewhat similar scores/gpa and also majored in biochem. Did you choose a school yet?
I hope my recruiter calls me whether I get selected or not, it is an amazing opportunity but I wont be upset if I'm not chosen.

Yes, although I had a few interviews I only got into my state school (LSU).
I believe having an acceptance greatly increases your chances.

Yes, although I had a few interviews I only got into my state school (LSU).
I believe having an acceptance greatly increases your chances.

Lol idk about that..i got 4 acceptances, but they dont care what school you go to..or so i've been told

So... Can anyone help with my original post?

When your recruiter called did he/she ask if you accept the offer?

Even if you swore in now wouldn't they upgrade you to CO once you got your degree..i think so

So my recruiter called me today that I was awarded the 4 year HPSP from the boards that met last Tuesday. I feel really good about. I always wanted to be in the military as a young boy, and doing so in the profession I've come to pursue just seems great right now.

I won't be able to commission as 2LT until I graduate, which is May 18th though.
Does this mean that my spot is still "locked in?"

Also, I am getting married June 29th, and my future wife mentioned about wearing Army dress blues. I didn't know if I would be able to even have a uniform by then (given I will attend OBLC after my first year of dental school). I figured the uniform stuff doesn't get figured out until then. Is that right?

Anyways, I'm excited about this opportunity and privilege.

You can wear the uniform anytime after you oath. As stated above your recruiter can help you with what to buy and how to wear it. A couple things to be aware of:
1. Very expensive.
2. If you are going to wear it wear it correctly. Hair cut, no beard. Don't put your hands in your pockets (unless reaching for keys or wallet), Shirt tucked in, tie straight, etc.
3. Many recruiters will tell you that you are eligible to wear certain metals. They think that you can wear the Service Ribbon and Global War on Terrorism. This is incorrect. You are not authorized the Service Ribbon until after BOLC, and GWOT until you have been on active duty (ADT doesn't count) for 90 days.

Whether you're technically allowed to or not, it seems a little silly to me to wear a uniform for something that you are not really even apart of yet...until you graduate school, anything's up in the air. For instance, there was a kid in my class who was on the Army scholarship and ended up dropping out in our second year and having to pay back the money. I'm sure it's pretty rare, but it does happen and could happen to you. And then you'd have all those wedding pictures for the rest of your life, posing proudly in your mess dress...

Thanks for the help guys. I won't be worrying about the uniform but was just curious.

I figure I'd ask here since sometimes I'm not so sure my recruiter is always precise on what he says.

I just got the call ! Im accepted for 4 year Army HPSP :D

congratulations to you again..I'm so happy!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have to speak with my recruiter to learn more on that..there are 3 phases and Idk if we have to complete them sequentially or if we can have breaks? Also do either of you know if there are other months to begin it..maybe april or may?

I was told that we have to do a distance learning portion at home and then attend the actual course at Ft. Sam/Camp Bullis for 28 days. Both dates are from June to July.

oh nice..that is not so bad. I have a vacation planned for that time but im going to reshedule bc I'd like to complete BOLC before school starts.

oh nice..that is not so bad. I have a vacation planned for that time but im going to reshedule bc I'd like to complete BOLC before school starts.

I thought it was 45 days training. Nonetheless I'm planning to go to the training after I finish with dental school since I'd like to spend time with family and friends before going to dental school.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I was told that we have to do a distance learning portion at home and then attend the actual course at Ft. Sam/Camp Bullis for 28 days. Both dates are from June to July.

The ADT will be for a total of 45 days. However, you will only spend 26 days in Texas. The actual dates for the two in-residence portion are 6 Jun - 1 Jul, and 1 Jul - 27 Jul.

Does anyone know when the dates are this summer for BOLC?

I was awarded the HPSP scholarship and I'm trying to go this summer if I can. I've created a MODs account, but I couldn't find any information on there about the BOLC dates.

If anyone could steer me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Does anyone know when the dates are this summer for BOLC?

I was awarded the HPSP scholarship and I'm trying to go this summer if I can. I've created a MODs account, but I couldn't find any information on there about the BOLC dates.

If anyone could steer me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Once you pre-enroll at the website, you will then see tab at the top of the screen "Requests" a submenu appears and you can select "ADT" and BOLC (with dates) becomes available.

However, if you want to go you need to call the HPSP office, 1-877-MED-ARMY and request the study guide for the distance learning part.

Can anyone tell me what kind of
dates do they have

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

FYI: I just heard from recruiters that after Feb board there will only be ~ 6 Army HPSP scholarships left.