Just a quick analysis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jgl1980

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I hope everyone is doing well. If I get accepted to a medical school in Ireland (which I hope to find out within the next month) I most likely will be going. I guess I just need a change of scenery while getting my medical education. Anyways to the point of this post...... I just wanted to hear from people at their school UCD, RCSI, Trinity, & UCC and say what is positive about their school and what they do not like about their school. I know these posts are scattered around this board but it would be nice to have them all in one place. Also for everyone, why did they choose to apply to Ireland Medical School? I look forward to reading your posts.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd recommend doing a search in this forums. There are threads dedicated to this topic already. In general, I love Trinity. Great diversity, great people, good opportunities. Good staff. IN general, a real interest in teaching and making improvements. Problem, especially in clinical years, is that lectures get cancelled and rescheduled quite a lot because lecturers are consultants and either forget, or can't get away from their jobs in time. It's very frustrating and leads to time-wasting. Ireland in general is not the most efficient place.

Why I chose? Did a junior year abroad here, and loved it. Talked to some med students and found out what the course was like, and thought it would suit me perfectly. Like you, I needed a change of scenery and couldn't see myself being happy studying medicine in the US. Also, being here really lets me participate in extracurriculars at the level I want to (i.e. I train for my sport 20+ hours a week, plus a few other extracurrics) and study too. Now, I'm definitely not the model student, but I do enough.

Really, do a search. This topic has come up as its own thread before.