Junior in Highschool, pharmacy questions.

Barry2

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well im just about to turn 16 and am rising into 11th grade. Im my courses to aim towards pharmacy. I am taking chemestry AP biology this year ap chem and physics next year. Also i have completed all necesarry maths to graduate, but im takeing pre calculus next year and maybe ap calc senior year. I currently work at a Fast Food restuarant for 7.50 an hour, my friends make 10 bucks at other places. I wanted to know how to get a job that would help me get into pharmacy school and later into a pharmacy. that pays around 9.50 an hour. I was also wondering what were good pharmacy schools to get into that wer close to Northern Virginia i dont care about prestige, just a good degree thats acceptable.
OHH i should mention i bombed freshman year with a 2.1 and well now im bringing it up slowy its currently at a 2.8. But i should mention my counties grading scale is one of the hardest in america. 98is a+ and 70 is f

Members don't see this ad.

Some places ( Wal-mart for example, but probably in any pharmacy) have pharmacy assistant jobs. Not sure if you have to be a high school grad for that or not though. :confused: I'm thinking about pharmacy too and I want to job shadow and work as a pharmacy assistant before I go to college next year to make sure I really like pharmacy as much as I think. Not sure about the pay either, probably depends on the area of the country. I think volunteering in a pharmacy looks good on your resume too, if you have a chance to do that.

If you want experience working with pharmacists, you can apply to be a clerk at a pharmacy in Wal-Mart(as glowworm said), Walgreens, Longs, etc.
I asked someone I know what the age requirement is and she thinks it's around 16.
Sorry, I'm not really sure what the wage is.
Keep going and working hard on your grades!