July 19 DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Predental4657

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
retook my DAT today and wanted to give a breakdown of my scores, also, I applied to dental school in the beginning of June. So I wanted to get feedback on how my new scores will help. I felt the need to do this since I've been on SDN for about a year now and there have been a lot of posts that have helped me get through.

Breakdown:

PAT: 21
QR: 18
RC: 22
Biology: 19
GC: 21
OC: 22
TS: 21
AA: 20

Can anyone tell me what percentiles a 21 or 22 are? Just curious. BTW my first score was an AA 18, TS 19. And is a 18 in QR a big deal?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
AA 20/TS 21 is a big improvement over AA 18/TS 19, which was below average. Your chances have definitely improved. I don't think the 18 QR is a big deal as it tends to be considered the least important section.

AA 20/TS 21 is a big improvement over AA 18/TS 19, which was below average. Your chances have definitely improved. I don't think the 18 QR is a big deal as it tends to be considered the least important section.

Thank you! I figured that QR was probably not a huge deal to do average in.

congrats! thats a good score, tips on how to jump those few points? and did you do bootcamp by any chance and how were your scores for those?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
retook my DAT today and wanted to give a breakdown of my scores, also, I applied to dental school in the beginning of June. So I wanted to get feedback on how my new scores will help. I felt the need to do this since I've been on SDN for about a year now and there have been a lot of posts that have helped me get through.

Breakdown:

PAT: 21
QR: 18
RC: 22
Biology: 19
GC: 21
OC: 22
TS: 21
AA: 20

Can anyone tell me what percentiles a 21 or 22 are? Just curious. BTW my first score was an AA 18, TS 19. And is a 18 in QR a big deal?

Thank you!

Congratulations, very nice scores! You should be very proud of the improvement. I would not worry at all about the 18 QR, that is about average, and your reading score is excellent, that is what schools want to see. What is your GPA and will these scores get you into the school you desire.

Nancy

Congratulations, very nice scores! You should be very proud of the improvement. I would not worry at all about the 18 QR, that is about average, and your reading score is excellent, that is what schools want to see. What is your GPA and will these scores get you into the school you desire.

Nancy

Thanks for the nice reply! My gpa in undergrad was a 3.3 with a human biology degree. I just finished my first year of post-bacc masters in science program with a 3.42 gpa, I'm continuing the degree this year and will have the masters degree by next spring (2018).

congrats! thats a good score, tips on how to jump those few points? and did you do bootcamp by any chance and how were your scores for those?

I started using a college gen Chem book (read through every chapter and did questions in the book).

Did college orgo exams and learned everything mechanistically instead of just memorizing reactions.

Biology I used the AP cliffs bio book and made a lot of diagrams and notes and re read those diagrams and notes every couple days and would add stuff to it as I kept studying.

I didn't do any practice or anything for reading comp and I thought my passages were very straightforward, I just read the passage and then answer the questions, I have no method for reading besides that.

Math I did all the math destroyer exams which may have been a little overkill, also I studied a lot of trig identities and stuff like that and I had none of it on my actual DAT.

PAT I used bootcamp to practice and I personally START PAT with angle ranking, go all the way through and then do key holes and TFE last. On my test by the time I got to those 2 sections I had a full 30 minutes to just dedicate to that, which helped a lot. I also thought the PAT on the actual dat was easier than bootcamp besides keyholes.

I didn't do full length practice exams on bootcamp I just did practices sections and made sure my timing in each section was good. But as far as my scores on bootcamp go I would average 19-20 on bio, 19-20 on gen Chem, 18-20 on orgo, 19-21 on PAT and 18-19 on QR....as I stated before I never did any reading practice so I don't have scores for that. If you compare my bootcamp scores to my actual DAT scores I did a little better or around the same in every section.

Feel free to ask me anymore questions!

Reactions: 1 user