All Branch Topic (ABT) Joint injections

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Perrotfish

Has an MD in Horribleness
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone here do a rotation to learn joint injections during their military residency? Like a dedicated two or four week block devoted to that one skill, at a military MTF? And if so could you please let me know where that was.?

I have been trying to get this credential forever, but everyone I talked to said they learned it longitudinally over months. I am trying to find a rotation that is compact enough that I can go TAD to learn it.

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone here do a rotation to learn joint injections during their military residency? Like a dedicated two or four week block devoted to that one skill, at a military MTF? And if so could you please let me know where that was.?

I have been trying to get this credential forever, but everyone I talked to said they learned it longitudinally over months. I am trying to find a rotation that is compact enough that I can go TAD to learn it.

I did a rotation as an intern with the sports med/outpatient PM&R section of orthopedics. I did more than enough to get credentialed, but that was over a 4 week period.
Aren’t you an attending? Good luck doing a “rotation” under GME; that sounds like an administrative nightmare.

I did a rotation as an intern with the sports med/outpatient PM&R section of orthopedics. I did more than enough to get credentialed, but that was over a 4 week period.
Aren’t you an attending? Good luck doing a “rotation” under GME; that sounds like an administrative nightmare.
Its surprisingly easy to do as a long as its a military MTF, and as long as I don't ask for more than 2 weeks tp do it. We already have a few similar rotations set up both for providers to pick up other credentials and for skill maintenance.

Do you mind if I ask which hospital you did Intern year at?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Its surprisingly easy to do as a long as its a military MTF, and as long as I don't ask for more than 2 weeks tp do it. We already have a few similar rotations set up both for providers to pick up other credentials and for skill maintenance.

Do you mind if I ask which hospital you did Intern year at?
I think it depends what you want to learn. If it's just subacromial bursa, knee joint, trigger finger, trochanteric bursa kinda stuff then you can prob just go anywhere with ortho. Usually the PAs in the clinic do a lot of repeat maintenance injections. 2 week would be plenty in any moderately busy ortho clinic.

Also, id aim for somewhere without GME, then you're not taking/competing with trainees for procedures.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SDN mobile

Last edited: