Join my Private practice in Wisconsin!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wiscoblue

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
9 docs 2 nurses. Looking for MD/DO. Private practice. Stable group 30 years with this Hospital. Blended unit of ~$45. 2 years to partnership. Wisconsin license. Partner moving to Arizona. Fair and democratic group.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
9 docs 2 nurses. Looking for MD/DO. Private practice. Stable group 30 years with this Hospital. Blended unit of ~$45. 2 years to partnership. Wisconsin license. Partner moving to Arizona. Fair and democratic group.
Sounds good but cold cold cold.
I hate supervising so that would work except for the climate. And the fact that I am leaving the OR

Well choco, I’ve been in this practice for close to 20 years. And I like warm weather. But my wife has body heat problems and she can’t tolerate warm weather. She wears flip flops in the winter! And sleeveless shirts! So we have lived in the Midwest for the last 25 years. I’m getting used to the cold, but Wisconsin is not so bad really. Just January and February are really cold. I can’t imagine living in Texas, Nevada or Arizona where you have to suffer 100+ degree temps for months on end! I just dress warm in the winter and I’m good!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok for those that don’t understand ‘blended unit’, I’m gonna say it’s *very* easy to make 1000 units a month, working just 40 hours. Please do the math. We do more than 1000 units a month, FYI.

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed with these guys a few years ago. They are a good group and honest/fair.

Are you willing to post more details?
1) W2 vs 1099 and what benefits are included?
2) call schedule: in house or at home? 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc? How are weekends and holidays divided up?
3) what happens after 2 years? More vacation, more money per unit, etc?
4) CME, interview expenses included, moving expenses?
5) what types of cases?
6) are the 2 nurses medical direction, supervised, or independent?
7) do you have anesthesia techs or turn your own rooms over?
8) do you have a pre op clinic? If so who sees the patients?
9) just cover one location or are there off site outpatient center, Endo, etc?

It's really not that hard to figure out. It's like calculating drip rates... one drop a second, 20 drops an ml...

Last edited:
We have an ad on gaswork. Kenosha Wisconsin. Fast growing healthcare market thanks to Foxconn. And the fact that Illinois is broke and is driving businesses like Amazon across the border into Wisconsin.

We have an ad on gaswork. Kenosha Wisconsin. Fast growing healthcare market thanks to Foxconn. And the fact that Illinois is broke and is driving businesses like Amazon across the border into Wisconsin.
Sounds like a good gig honestly.
Cold weather people, apply!!!!

How do you pay the associate for the first two years?
Are you using the CRNAs for eyes/gi, easy cases, or how do they work?

The CRNAs help with breaks and basically work with the call guy so he or she can be available for epidurals or put out fires in PACU or anywhere in the hospital. They also provide flexibility in the event that one of us has a health or family emergency, then the call guy doubles up on supervising 2 rooms. CRNAs work 8-4 no call or weekends. We take call and work weekends. Call is from home.

Can't think of anyone that did not make partner over the last 20 years. Associates get a reduced blended unit for the first 2 years. . That's their buy in. There's no buy out. When I retire in a few years, I'll just have my accounts receivables for a few months. We all buy our own health and liability insurance through our individual corporations. We also do our own 401K of $55k pretax. The accounting firm handles all that.

Interesting.
If the CRNAs are giving docs breaks, how are you billing the cases? Just curious.
I like how you use them to help with the call guy and for emergencies. Are they comfortable doing all the bigger cases you do or do you do any bigger cases?

How do other people bill when someone sits in their room for 10 minutes for a coffee break?

How do other people bill when someone sits in their room for 10 minutes for a coffee break?

Even within the same practice, I’ve had attending go and sit in crnas room. I’ve had seen attending specifically ask another free crna to give breaks, presumably so he’s still “directing” and able to be there for emergencies.
Our CRNA demands 15 mins, how dare you short them five mins. /s

If they are CRNAs, that’s different than a doc giving a break. If they are signing into the chart that could change the billing to supervision. If they aren’t, then technically no. I guess it may only really matters were there to be an emergency during your “break”.

I am not trying to be an ass. But this was something that came up in my first practice.