Johns Hopkins MPH/MSPH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mphready

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! Has anyone heard anything back from Johns Hopkins?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's awesome! Congrats!
O03QAZ

hi received a mail few days ago, admitted to the MPH program, fall of 2013. :D

unfortunately, no scholarship. Have to pay the full fees :(

what abt you? admit? scholarship?

It's still too early to get scholarship info. Nominations for the Sommer's scholarship is usually around march (although very limited numbers), and who says you can't be lucky

Admitted: JHU (MPH), Emory (Health Policy and Management)

It's still too early to get scholarship info. Nominations for the Sommer's scholarship is usually around march (although very limited numbers), and who says you can't be lucky

Admitted: JHU (MPH), Emory (Health Policy and Management)

well in my case I asked represntative who mailed me abt the admit whether I will receive any scholarship and he said unfortunately I do not. :( . if you are saying so then i would still like to hope so. :rolleyes:

well in my case I asked represntative who mailed me abt the admit whether I will receive any scholarship and he said unfortunately I do not. :( . if you are saying so then i would still like to hope so. :rolleyes:
no hope for me also :(. they said that the scholarship opportunity for int. student is extremely low. I might give up JHU. good luck to u :)

no hope for me also :(. they said that the scholarship opportunity for int. student is extremely low. I might give up JHU. good luck to u :)

which other schools have you applied to ?:confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone decided on Hopkins' MPH program yet? In addition, if anyone out there is familiar with Baltimore, do you have any advice on where to start looking for housing?

Hi Everyone,
Just wondering if anyone applied to the MHS in Epi for JHU.
Is it not a very popular option?

Congrats to everyone accepted! I was admitted to the MSPH program in the Health Systems track (Dept. of International Health) a few weeks ago. Absolutely thrilled, but now nervously contemplating the amount of loans it would take to accept the offer. I'm on the fence because of it.

Anyone else headed to the Admitted Student Day this Friday? Looks like a great agenda.

Has anyone heard anything about the MHS program? I applied to the MHS in molecular microbiology and immunology and haven't heard anything.

Hi Everyone,
Just wondering if anyone applied to the MHS in Epi for JHU.
Is it not a very popular option?

I applied to this program too! Starting to get very impatient with them, considering that my application was complete on 11/5. Have you heard back?

I applied to this program too! Starting to get very impatient with them, considering that my application was complete on 11/5. Have you heard back?

Nope I haven't. But I think I'm relative late when I submitted my app. I submitted on the Jan 9

anyone hear of any scholarships yet?

I called and was told they'd start releasing decisions for ScM - epi on March 20th.

Where else are y'all considering?

Hi all! Any MSPH people? Social and Behavioral Sciences? Still deciding between Emory (MPH), Yale (MPH), and Hopkins (MSPH)... :confused: anyone have any input? I am going to go to one of the admitted students days.

Congrats to everyone accepted! I was admitted to the MSPH program in the Health Systems track (Dept. of International Health) a few weeks ago. Absolutely thrilled, but now nervously contemplating the amount of loans it would take to accept the offer. I'm on the fence because of it.

Anyone else headed to the Admitted Student Day this Friday? Looks like a great agenda.

Hey! Did you see the automatic 75% scholarship for 2nd year MSPH? That in itself makes the program more reasonably priced than others that I've gotten merit awards to.

I will be at the Admitted Students Day this Friday! I have been admitted into the MSPH program for Population, Family, and Reproductive Health with a concentration in Child and Adolescent Health.

I will be at the Admitted Students Day this Friday! I have been admitted into the MSPH program for Population, Family, and Reproductive Health with a concentration in Child and Adolescent Health.

Let me know how it goes! I'll be at the later one - April 5.

Anyone looking for a roomie? I come with a puppy. Her name is Maní (peanut, in Spanish). I want to move in June to have some time before the July start date. PM me!

Let me know how it goes! I'll be at the later one - April 5.

I just got back and today was great! They had some really informative sessions and speakers from different departments. They also had a student panel to talk about living in Baltimore and where the popular neighborhoods are. The best part was meeting with just my department, there were only 4 of us students and then we met with a faculty member, two current MSPH students, and the academic coordinator to learn about the coursework, any funding opportunities (not many), and our required internship. I came away with all my questions answered and I just paid my deposit and officially accepted my offer!

I just got back and today was great! They had some really informative sessions and speakers from different departments. They also had a student panel to talk about living in Baltimore and where the popular neighborhoods are. The best part was meeting with just my department, there were only 4 of us students and then we met with a faculty member, two current MSPH students, and the academic coordinator to learn about the coursework, any funding opportunities (not many), and our required internship. I came away with all my questions answered and I just paid my deposit and officially accepted my offer!

Thanks for the response/feedback! What concentration are you? Also, did you get any feel of community within the public health school? Honestly, that is currently my prime concern - community among students, professors, etc. I am stuck between 3 schools and was leaning toward Hopkins until I started getting so much more positive feedback and people reaching out to me from the other schools. Feeling pretty lost! :confused:

Thanks for the response/feedback! What concentration are you? Also, did you get any feel of community within the public health school? Honestly, that is currently my prime concern - community among students, professors, etc. I am stuck between 3 schools and was leaning toward Hopkins until I started getting so much more positive feedback and people reaching out to me from the other schools. Feeling pretty lost! :confused:

I have the same concern - I've been told by recent grads that Hopkins churns out MPHs (and that the MSPH program is better: two years + a smaller program = more relationships to be built between students and profs etc.)

My concentration is Child and Adolescent Health and Development and I asked about this a little bit within my department session. We had two students from different concentrations but still withing the PopFam department and they said that the professors are such a huge source of information and guidance. They said their professors are willing to help them make connections with the community for our required internship and even jobs after graduation. They also know everyone in our cohort and the department holds quarterly events and meetings for everyone to voice their concerns and get to know each other. I felt like everyone had an interest in the students well-being and I actually have worked at the School of Public Health previously. I had an internship with my department over the summer and they were AWESOME, the professors that I worked with professionally were so willing to help me and give advice and it was a relaxed and inviting environment. Granted, this wasnt a class setting, but I really felt at home within my department and that was the main reason why I decided to go there. Even when I visited on Friday, the people that I only met a few times congratulated me and said hi in the hallways. I personally love the feel of my department and after speaking to the current students I think they feel that their cohort is pretty close and willing to help each other out. Everyone really bonds together in the first year too because the classes can be so intense.

I just got an email saying that I've been accepted into the Infectious Disease Epidemiology MHS program! Given that my fiance already had a job lined up in Ft. Meade, I'm pretty relieved and will almost certainly be accepting. Anyone else planning to go into the ScM or MHS program?

I just got an email saying that I've been accepted into the Infectious Disease Epidemiology MHS program! Given that my fiance already had a job lined up in Ft. Meade, I'm pretty relieved and will almost certainly be accepting. Anyone else planning to go into the ScM or MHS program?

I got accepted to the same program! I'm 95% sure I will be attending. I guess I'll see you there!

Just got accepted into the MHS molecular microbiology and immunology program! Is anyone considering this program or planning on enrolling? And also if there is anyone familiar with the area, what are some good locations for apartments? Thanks!

Like jwj322000, I'd be thrilled to hear from anyone who can comment on living in Baltimore. Are there any neighborhoods you would particularly recommend? Maybe somewhere I could run outside during the daylight hours? I've played with the idea of living in one of the towns west of Baltimore, like Elkridge or Catonsville, but I'm afraid I'll regret it when the 8:30 AM classes start.