Jobs With The Least Stress

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fatpharm

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking for jobs that are not stressful. I am thinking the only jobs in retail would be the grave yard shifts at the 24 hours stores. Hospital or clinical jobs would depend on the environment. What other jobs would you consider less stressful?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Toll booth attendent!

IMO, a job will become less stressful when you become proficient at it.

You get stressed out because you have a problem. If you know how to solve it, the problem will be gone & you won't be stressed.

It's a job... if it was stress free, it would be called hobby.

Members don't see this ad :)
IMO, a job will become less stressful when you become proficient at it.

You get stressed out because you have a problem. If you know how to solve it, the problem will be gone & you won't be stressed.

It's a job... if it was stress free, it would be called hobby.

Well said. Any job can be stressful if you make it stressful. Its all how you handle it. Thats why its called going to work and not going to fun.

Well obviously stress is a given at times but I'm looking for job suggestions not lectures about how to deal with stress.

Well obviously stress is a given at times but I'm looking for job suggestions not lectures about how to deal with stress.

no stress, huh?

if that's what you're looking for....probably don't be a pharmacist

I spent a month at a long-term care pharmacy in which some of the pharmacists had absolutely no stress. These were mostly retired pharmacists who just sat on a stool and verified labels. No customers hurrying them, no phones to answer... literally doing nothing but looking at labels and making sure the proper drug was with it. I'm not even sure if they were verifying sigs. I would have definitely poked my eyes out after about 2 hours of doing that. I need a certain small level of stress to keep me on my toes.

I am looking for jobs that are not stressful. I am thinking the only jobs in retail would be the grave yard shifts at the 24 hours stores. Hospital or clinical jobs would depend on the environment. What other jobs would you consider less stressful?

One of my friends was telling me that she observed a pharmacist who worked in a clinical setting at an HMO - they sit in an office all day and contact patients via phone for things like anti-coag followup, hypertension follow-up, etc. They have the patient's whole chart on computer in front of them, can adjust warfarin regimens based on the patient's recent INR screening, etc. Now, I would personally rather not do something that sounds so much like telemarketing, but I can see how it would be pretty low stress and a nice office environment.

I am looking for jobs that are not stressful. I am thinking the only jobs in retail would be the grave yard shifts at the 24 hours stores.
Wrong.

You can't call the doctor's office for verification at 3am, you're past the order cut-off time, you can't refer patients to non-24hour pharmacies, you get a lot of unusual people late at night, and you have to stay awake for twelve hours straight in the middle of the night, because you can't sleep on the job.

I doubt it's physically stressful, but that's probably the only stressless part.

Don't forget about robberies. If your store lacks security, you'll probably get robbed at some point.

I remember this story about one pharmacist who was working the graveyard shift. He was being robbed, and the robbers started knocking him over the head with the back of their gun, because he kept messing up the C2 cabinet code. The pharmacist had to tell the robbers to cut it out if they wanted him to open the cabinet. It's probably pretty difficult for a pharmacist to get the code right while being knocked upside the head.

Nobody is lecturing you. If you would settle down and read what people are writing maybe your question could be answered.

The point is no one can tell you what would be a non-stressful job for you. What is easy for me, might be hell for someone else. Pharmacy in general is a high stress job, as are most jobs in healthcare. Perhaps you need to go out a get some expreience and make up your own mind.

What is easy for me, might be hell for someone else. Pharmacy in general is a high stress job, as are most jobs in healthcare. Perhaps you need to go out a get some expreience and make up your own mind.
Exactly.

go for a slow retail store - especially grocery stores.

Why do they seem like they are in such a bad mood all the time? I guess it is hard having to throw the quarters into the collector thing, what if you miss?

They must be afraid someone's going to come barrelling into their booth while they're fumbling around the car looking for the EZpass...

They must be afraid someone's going to come barrelling into their booth while they're fumbling around the car looking for the EZpass...

:laugh: I'd count that as a good reason to be stressed. :eek: