Job outlook in Houston, DFW area

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ecmoelmo

Reaction score
I'll be finishing fellowship in 2024 and will be looking for jobs in the Houston and DFW area given need to relocate closer to spouse's family. Currently in fellowship in major academic medical center on East Coast but will be looking for general pulmonary/critical care positions (academic and clinical) in these areas. Does anyone have a sense of job availability, compensation ranges for academic and clinical positions in these markets? Houston seems to have all of the institutions at TMC (Baylor, UTH, Methodist, MDACC), but in Dallas I'm only aware of UTSW and Baylor Scott and White. Any insight is appreciated for these large academic health systems or small practices. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

try to do 1 year extra fellowship in Texas to make the solid connections that are off market. u are gonna have tough time trying to find a job in TX staying in east coast

Members don't see this ad :)
try to do 1 year extra fellowship in Texas to make the solid connections that are off market. u are gonna have tough time trying to find a job in TX staying in east coast
This is some of the worst advice I have ever seen. There are plenty of jobs in Houston and DFW. You can easily find an academic job coming from an academic program on the East Coast. Compensation in Texas is generally on the higher side I think. It will depend a great deal on what sort of job you end up doing.

Reactions: 1 user