Job options after MPH or PhD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JAH2022

Reaction score
I am not sure if this is the right forum, but hopefully someone can give some advice.
I am a non-us international medical graduate. With not so stellar usmle scores, i didnt match when i applied in the last match. I plan to apply again this september with my step 3 grade, more research and us clinical experience.

If that doesn't work out I am trying to figure out medical job options in the us. I am engaged to a us citizen so that's why i want to find a way to get a job in the medical field in the US if the match doesnt work out.

If i do a mph what are the job options open to me after graduating since i am a non-us img? Should i do a phd instead? I really want to remain in the medical field.

Members don't see this ad.

Do an MPH, rather than a PhD. With an MD, MPH - even without residency - you could work in variety of nonclinical roles such as pharmaceutical R&D or medical affairs, or in a department of public health. You could also teach / be a professor; often any doctoral level degree is sufficient for this, so might as well go to the faster route of getting an MPH.

Reactions: 2 users
Do an MPH, rather than a PhD. With an MD, MPH - even without residency - you could work in variety of nonclinical roles such as pharmaceutical R&D or medical affairs, or in a department of public health. You could also teach / be a professor; often any doctoral level degree is sufficient for this, so might as well go to the faster route of getting an MPH.
thanks for the advice!! I really appreciate it