job opp. for MPH in india

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tanda

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi, I am an IMG (from India). what kind of posts does an MPH professional
get on returning to India. What might be the pay?

Members don't see this ad.

tanda said:
hi, I am an IMG (from India). what kind of posts does an MPH professional
get on returning to India. What might be the pay?

:confused: Do you really expect anyone here to know this?

If you are a doctor, you will be getting paid enough to suffice your needs (although, it might not satisfy your wants/desires).

Do MPH if you enjoy it (or your are concerned about public health in India), not because it might pay off well.

i'm indian but not from india, so i can't answer your question on pay considering i work/live in the u.s. but i do know that there are PLENTY of public health opportunities in india and is strongly needed. what exactly are you interested in? i personally think that a MD/MPH is an ideal combination no matter what country you practice in (even more so in developing countries). as a physician, a MPH would benefit in that you can do health promotion/education with your patients, which is needed in india. a public health education can benefit your medical practice in almost any health care aspect. it just depends on what you are interested in. what specialty is your MD in? maybe that can help you figure out what opportunities you'll have in india.

Tanda,

I would suggest posting this question in the International Forum for India. Someone there is more likely to have the kind of information that you are looking for.

Best,
H&T