job applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Oxycotin

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi for all the final year students out there how long did it take for you to get a response back after applying for a job? One week? Two weeks? I've applied to various places and it's going on two weeks now and I haven't heard anything back. I've applied to Walgreens, Target, Safeway, Rite Aid and Cardinal Health.

Members don't see this ad.

yeah...they take a long time to respond

where do you live?

It might depend on where you live and other factors. I think the majority of pharmacy students were interviewed in Jan/Feb for jobs so they are probably overwhelmed with applications.

On the other hand, if you applied for a position and are not fully licensed, a pharmacist who is licensed can easily apply for the same position and get it before you do.

That is what I am noticing. Before I was fully licensed (didn't pass the law exam the first time), no one responded to my inquiries for jobs. Now that I am licensed, the responses come within 48 hours.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah...they take a long time to respond

where do you live?

i currently live in ohio. i'm applying for positions in ohio , ny and los angeles

It might depend on where you live and other factors. I think the majority of pharmacy students were interviewed in Jan/Feb for jobs so they are probably overwhelmed with applications.

On the other hand, if you applied for a position and are not fully licensed, a pharmacist who is licensed can easily apply for the same position and get it before you do.

That is what I am noticing. Before I was fully licensed (didn't pass the law exam the first time), no one responded to my inquiries for jobs. Now that I am licensed, the responses come within 48 hours.

i see. maybe i should've applied a bit earlier haha..

i currently live in ohio. i'm applying for positions in ohio , ny and los angeles

i see. maybe i should've applied a bit earlier haha..

Did your school have a career fairs? Most of the pharm schools that I know of hold career fairs in January/February with on the spot interview

My school has its interview day the week of Thanksgiving. The career fair is sometime in October.

Did your school have a career fairs? Most of the pharm schools that I know of hold career fairs in January/February with on the spot interview

They did actually but I was out of town on rotations so I couldn't make it

Most of the companies mentioned had booths at APhA. Not that it's worth the flight and hotel from Ohio, but if you were looking for jobs in LA and were here at the time, it could have been beneficial.

Most of the companies mentioned had booths at APhA. Not that it's worth the flight and hotel from Ohio, but if you were looking for jobs in LA and were here at the time, it could have been beneficial.

I did go to APhA actually and applied for some positions in California. But none have gotten back to me yet. Is the job market tight there?

I applied to one retail place about 10 days ago, was told I'd be called last week, and heard nothing.

I applied to another retail place on Monday at 3pm, was invited to inteview at 11 the next morning, and had a job offer by the end of the day Thursday.

I also applied to a retail summer internship program and it took them about 6 weeks to tell me they weren't offering me a spot.