Job advertising and recruiting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

callmeanesthesia

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’m with a private practice Ortho group. I found out that we are paying a ridiculous amount to ZipRecruiter each month for job postings. in addition to MA and receptionist, PA and NP positions, we also have job postings for physicians on there.

1. How do those of you in private practice advertise for and find office staff? I’m not kidding myself that anyone is finding their dream job with us so we’re looking for local candidates or people specifically searching for jobs in our city. What about for mid levels? I’d imagine we might cast a wider net on that one.

2. How do you advertise for physicians? Ziprecruiter seems honestly like not a great bet. GasWork obviously is great for pain. Is there a comparable (free) product for Ortho/sports med?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I’m with a private practice Ortho group. I found out that we are paying a ridiculous amount to ZipRecruiter each month for job postings. in addition to MA and receptionist, PA and NP positions, we also have job postings for physicians on there.

1. How do those of you in private practice advertise for and find office staff? I’m not kidding myself that anyone is finding their dream job with us so we’re looking for local candidates or people specifically searching for jobs in our city. What about for mid levels? I’d imagine we might cast a wider net on that one.

2. How do you advertise for physicians? Ziprecruiter seems honestly like not a great bet. GasWork obviously is great for pain. Is there a comparable (free) product for Ortho/sports med?

Thanks!
Maybe ask the reps to see if they know other reps at fellowship programs who might know candidates? Basically the reverse job search for graduating fellows.
Also are you looking for pain docs or orthopods?

Thanks!
For staff use INDEED. You can turn it of and on. Get peoples digits to call and not have to pay even sometimes.

Not sure about docs

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a section on your group’s website that says you’re hiring and for what positions?

Reactions: 1 user
Is there a section on your group’s website that says you’re hiring and for what positions?
Yes, but... I found Google Jobs today, which apparently allows you to tag the jobs on your own website in a certain way so that Google will scrape it and include it in their job search listings. I don’t think we’re doing that. The whole process is pretty mis-managed as far as I can tell. About to take it over myself.

Isn't your group paying a ceo to manage the practice and do all this?

Isn't your group paying a ceo to manage the practice and do all this?
Yeah. He’s the one who hired the marketing group to do it. I’ll deal with that too though. I don’t have enough power in the group to fire him though. He’s an old-school manager type and is stuck in the mindset of a group much smaller than we are now. Needs to stay focused on what we pay him to do, but If we’re short-staffed he’ll answer phones or wheel patients out after their procedure.

Yeah. He’s the one who hired the marketing group to do it. I’ll deal with that too though. I don’t have enough power in the group to fire him though. He’s an old-school manager type and is stuck in the mindset of a group much smaller than we are now. Needs to stay focused on what we pay him to do, but If we’re short-staffed he’ll answer phones or wheel patients out after their procedure.
Our CEO is pretty dismal too. And our marketing consultant sucked. So I do a lot of it myself now, too.

Our CEO is pretty dismal too. And our marketing consultant sucked. So I do a lot of it myself now, too.
An anesthesiologist coming in and saving the surgeons from themselves is apparently universal.

I posted an MA job to indeed yesterday and had 6 applicants in 24 hours, for free. I’m even more mad that we were paying these bozos for this.

Reactions: 1 users