(jhu msh) vs (umdnj mbs)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DentGirl4

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
bump

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
[FONT=바]arg....
[FONT=바]I'm in middle of getting ready to go to UMDNJ Biomedical Science program. I got my housing, financial document sent out and everything set so far. .

[FONT=바]But TODAY I got an acceptance letter from Master of Health Science Program in the Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health[FONT=바]. ..
[FONT=바]I’m from Maryland and I’m a pre-dental student. I think both schools will increase my chance getting into dental school next year...HOWEVER, I’m not sure which school program more suit for me..

[FONT=바]I have opportunity to take dental classes with the dental students at UMDNJ MBS program and I heard it’s possible to pull 4.0. (I have low undergraduate science GPA and I need to earn HIGH GPA as possible.).

[FONT=바]On the other hand, Johns Hopkins has great name credential but I’m afraid that I might earn like 3.5 GPA or below because I heard it’s such a brutal school! And lots of pre-meds students attend.:eek:.

[FONT=바]I was leaning toward UMDNJ but now I’m not sure if I should change my mind. There's only $1000 difference between their tuitions. .

[FONT=바]What would you guys do? any advices? :confused:.

Better to be the strongest fish in a small pond than than an avg fish in a larger pond ;)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't Dental schools calculate your graduate GPA into your cumulative GPA?

If so, I'd go to the place where you know you can absolutely get the highest GPA.

If you don't mind, what are your current stats?