Jesus the Village Psychiatrist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Jesus was a shaman, not a psychiatrist. That's why he was so successful. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't read the entire contents of the above link, but I had heard that Jesus was actually quoted in the Bible as mentioning an Atkins type of diet for those with seizure disorders. Don't know if its true.

Edit
looked it up...
http://www.springerlink.com/content/m7q56775745143w7/fulltext.pdf?page=1

Jesus is brought an adult with childhood onset
epilepsy and declares
"this kind does not leave but
by prayer and fasting" (Matthew 17:14-21)."

Hmm, not quite a fantastic as claiming Jesus knew the benefit of a ketogenic diet.

I haven't read the entire contents of the above link, but I had heard that Jesus was actually quoted in the Bible as mentioning an Atkins type of diet for those with seizure disorders. Don't know if its true.

Edit
looked it up...
http://www.springerlink.com/content/m7q56775745143w7/fulltext.pdf?page=1

Jesus is brought an adult with childhood onset
epilepsy and declares

Hmm, not quite a fantastic as claiming Jesus knew the benefit of a ketogenic diet.

That's quite a stretch of interpretation from the text.

Jesus, is the son of God - to many - and psychiatrists are just psychiatrists -

I did not intend to start a debate on Christ's identity, although I made my views on that public in the past. If anyone has taken offence at my post, I apologize.

However, the book sounds interesting for me from the professional point of view, and the author (a Christian, I think, judging from the GoogleBooks preview) formally spells out what I have been thinking for a long time - that the vast majority of people Jesus healed suffered from psychosomatic illness.

I agree the post was interesting - Although I did not get the point of your comment ”no need to apologize?" no one was offended by the book nor by others comments - I was just having a different opinion on Jesus - I hope that is allowed here-
:love:

I was responding to this comment
I did not intend to start a debate on Christ's identity, although I made my views on that public in the past. If anyone has taken offence at my post, I apologize.

I don't think anyone was offended, so I mentioned there was no need to apologize.