JDH/Hern.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bostonredsox

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What CC journal if either/any do you two read regularly, CHEST or SCCM? The attendings I worked with as a med student all had SCCM they said it was a large volume monthly instead of weekly. Don't know much about CHEST. I dropped a line in the IM forums on a good IM journal too if you guys ever peruse the IM forums.

Members don't see this ad.

What CC journal if either/any do you two read regularly, CHEST or SCCM? The attendings I worked with as a med student all had SCCM they said it was a large volume monthly instead of weekly. Don't know much about CHEST. I dropped a line in the IM forums on a good IM journal too if you guys ever peruse the IM forums.

my program requires that I be a member or ATS and ACCP, so I get both Chest and The blue journal, I have the monthly table of contents sent to me from CCM, Thorax, and biomed so I can read the articles that catch my eye when in the hospital and can use their subscription.

Try to read both regularly. I probably look at Chest more, less basic science, which is cool and all, and I hope to do some of that during fellowship, but basic science if really only super interesting if you're the one doing it or it in an area where you are doing basic science. Chest is more often clinically applicable on a day to day basis, IMHO, so I read more of it.

Subscribing to the abstracts from some of the other "lesser" journals is a good idea.