Iwant to start a thread discussing the disadvantages of dermatologist.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

macrosky

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that derm has good life style and decent pay. But can anyone here share your thoughts about the cons of derm? I think anyone entering derm should know it too.

Members don't see this ad.

35-40 hour work weeks...even during residency would get really old.

...and bow ties too!

wooo said:
35-40 hour work weeks...even during residency would get really old.

...and bow ties too!

LMAO

Members don't see this ad :)
i want to start a reply to the i want to start a thread discussing the disadvantages of dermatologist thread. i want to start by saying in my reply to the i want to start a thread discussing the disadvantages of dermatologist thread that dermatology has few disadvantages. on the other hand, i want to add to my reply to the i want to start a thread ........

i want to buy you a strunk and white.

I know some other physicians will make fun of you for choosing such an easy specialty, like making jokes about how a dermatologist will faint if he ever has to actually go into a hospital, etc. But a lot of docs look down on every specialty besides their own. You see it between internists and surgeons all the time. Otherwise, I think that what sucks about being a derm is the same as what sucks about being a Baldwin.

ForSkin said:
i want to start a reply to the i want to start a thread discussing the disadvantages of dermatologist thread. i want to start by saying in my reply to the i want to start a thread discussing the disadvantages of dermatologist thread that dermatology has few disadvantages. on the other hand, i want to add to my reply to the i want to start a thread ........

i want to buy you a strunk and white.
LMAO!!!