Ivf

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kent100s78

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a quick question?Since this is a Gyn/Ob forum. my wife has had laposcopic surgury due to hydrosalpinx, the surgeon told me her fallopiam tubes where unrepairable, my only choice is IVF. My question is, how effective is IVF?I have been reading stats off of sites that show 50 % to sometimes in the high 40s. if that is the case is there ever a chance that my wife will be able to gve me children,cause with those numbers thats not really good, is it? My wife is only 23 and has a very healthy uterus, that was what the surgeon told me so she has a excellant chance of a preganancy. But i am not etting scared.Her surury was appox. 2 months ago. Also wh is considered the best at IVF, i ave looked at cornell and columbia a bit costly but say they are the leaders in IVF.I know i am asking alot but i need to know more and some sites dont really get in detail on my situation.Does insurance cover anything in ny, cause i am by far not rich and most know that IVF is pretty much for the rich. any answer or recomendations will really help me and possibly make me and my wife feel better thank you for allowing me to post here.

Members don't see this ad.