IUSD class of 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone. I talked to Paul Koch in Fin Aid today. He said that they had some sort of mix-up with financial aid (they didn't include the laptop in the cost of tuition) and they had unfortunately already awarded some people aid (which they had to retract). That may be why some of you got some info, but then couldn't access it. He said he is trying to sort everything out now, but it may take a while.

I have been on this site for a while, just got accepted about a month ago. My family and I are moving to Indy (1700 miles from here!!!) in less than 2 weeks.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Members don't see this ad.

IWuvTeef said:
thanks for the response. i know i'll never gain residency as far as tuition goes. i just wanted to know if the state would view me as a resident b/c i wanted to know if i needed to get a new license and tag. ;)

I dont mean to pry...but for what reason?

Hey Bullfan

I just didn't want to go through the trouble of getting a new driver's license and a new car tag if I didn't have to. Since the school doesn't view me as a resident, I wondered if the state wouldn't view me as a resident either.

If they didn't view me as a resident either, I figured I wouldn't have to get the new tag and license.

But Ahmad cleared it up for me, so it looks like I will have to get these new things when I get to Indy. I guess you will have to get these things too, Bull. :) Any news from Illinois?

Hey Horse

Where you moving from? I'll be moving from FL on June 29. Hopefully just in time to dodge the pesky hurricanes. :p My parents will drive up with me and then fly back home. I wont take much with me except for clothes. Then, I'll just buy all of my home and school things in Indy.

Members don't see this ad :)
IWuvTeef said:
Hey Bullfan

I just didn't want to go through the trouble of getting a new driver's license and a new car tag if I didn't have to. Since the school doesn't view me as a resident, I wondered if the state wouldn't view me as a resident either.

If they didn't view me as a resident either, I figured I wouldn't have to get the new tag and license.

But Ahmad cleared it up for me, so it looks like I will have to get these new things when I get to Indy. I guess you will have to get these things too, Bull. :) Any news from Illinois?

Hey Horse

Where you moving from? I'll be moving from FL on June 29. Hopefully just in time to dodge the pesky hurricanes. :p My parents will drive up with me and then fly back home. I wont take much with me except for clothes. Then, I'll just buy all of my home and school things in Indy.

Hey...I dont want to go back and forth on this issue...but I went to IU-Bloomington as an out-of-state student and didnt have to worry about changing my tags or license plates (I had my car there for 3.5 years). Honestly, as long as your FL information is up to date, I wouldnt worry about changing your residential information. Even though we will be there for 4 years, it shouldnt be a big deal. I am not going to change my info unless the Indiana state police knock at my door....I dont think it matters as long as your license and tags are current and you pay your utility bills and taxes in IN.

I was also planning on doing the same thing as you because I am moving into campus housing as well. Just bringing clothes and misc stuff, but dont have to worry about furniture. Anything else I need, I will also buy in Indy...good call. In terms of UIC, no movement....but the admission director said they are going to call those people who they feel arent 100% committed to going to UIC (ie those who havent been in touch with them since sending in their deposit, or those who havent established housing...not sure how they know that...but I am sure they have their ways). Apparently, this should take place within the next week or two and the admission director said in the past 1-2 students have come off the list after they make the phone calls. So, still waiting and not sure whats going to happen.

When are you moving...I am waiting until July 1.

Yay! I have a potential buddy at housing. Maybe I won't have to worry about being mugged/abducted/rapped on the late night walks from the anatomy lab if I have someone to walk with. :laugh: :p

My move in date for housing is June 30. The people said if I moved in before July 1, I could lock in the old summer rates from 04-05.

As far as Illinois, I hope you get the news you want to hear. If not, you'll still be ok. :oops: We'll all suffer the 4 yrs together. We all should meet up July 5th or something so we have familiar faces to chat with during orientation.

IWuvTeef said:
Yay! I have a potential buddy at housing. Maybe I won't have to worry about being mugged/abducted/rapped on the late night walks from the anatomy lab if I have someone to walk with. :laugh: :p

My move in date for housing is June 30. The people said if I moved in before July 1, I could lock in the old summer rates from 04-05.

As far as Illinois, I hope you get the news you want to hear. If not, you'll still be ok. :oops: We'll all suffer the 4 yrs together. We all should meet up July 5th or something so we have familiar faces to chat with during orientation.

Do you have an AOL screenname? PM me. Is that part of Indy considered "bad"? I am reasonably sure its not the worst part of Indy...but we will have late nights in the cadaver lab for sure. Housing never told me the part about reduced rates by moving in a day early....but I did establish a 1 month lease and will have to move out by 8/1 to a 2 bedroom (they said even if I move out early there is no $1000 cancellation fee...if I were to get into UIC and come back home...if I signed through 8/10 and left early there would be a $1000 fee if I left early). Anyway, are you in the grad professional apartments...pm me when you can.

Im renting at the Latitude apartments down south off of county line. i was told by the manager that there are some dental students there. im moving to indy on july 1st, see you all at the orientation....good luck and be safe moving...

hello all,
glad to see everything is finally coming together (hopefully). i'll be living at sebring court by the speedway. it's only about 10-15 minutes away, but much nicer and cheaper than most of what i found downtown. i think i'll be moving down around the 25th to get settled in and learn the city, then drive back home for 4th of july weekend, then return before the 6th. call me crazy, but come on, it's the 4th! :cool: we should all get together somewhere on the 5th. if anyone has any ideas, feel free to post them.

Mr. Miyagi said:
hello all,
glad to see everything is finally coming together (hopefully). i'll be living at sebring court by the speedway. it's only about 10-15 minutes away, but much nicer and cheaper than most of what i found downtown. i think i'll be moving down around the 25th to get settled in and learn the city, then drive back home for 4th of july weekend, then return before the 6th. call me crazy, but come on, it's the 4th! :cool: we should all get together somewhere on the 5th. if anyone has any ideas, feel free to post them.

Seabring was at the top of my list when I visited Indy. Nice area and affordable. The only thing that kept me from signing the lease is that I was told by a girl in the housing office that she moved away from there last year because there was a serial rapist running around the complex 1-2 years back. He ended up raping five girls. But, since you're a guy, you're probably not going to have any probs.

The 5th sounds good to me. I'm up for food and drinks. :smuggrin:

Not to sound like a rebel, but has anybody dissented and purchased a laptop that is not one of the three required by the school?

I'm applying for the 2006 cycle. I have a 3.26/3.33 (sci/cum) g.p.a. DAT scores are AA:19, TS:19, PAT:16. I have had research experience, community service, volunteering experience, and I've shadowed 2 dentists.

I applied already and I just wanted to know if I have competitive enough scores to be considered for admission.

Any help would be greatly appreciated......

Bullfan16 said:
Do you have an AOL screenname? PM me. Is that part of Indy considered "bad"? I am reasonably sure its not the worst part of Indy...but we will have late nights in the cadaver lab for sure. Housing never told me the part about reduced rates by moving in a day early....but I did establish a 1 month lease and will have to move out by 8/1 to a 2 bedroom (they said even if I move out early there is no $1000 cancellation fee...if I were to get into UIC and come back home...if I signed through 8/10 and left early there would be a $1000 fee if I left early). Anyway, are you in the grad professional apartments...pm me when you can.

If you're anywhere within walking distance of IUPUI, you're in a pretty nice part of town. I don't want to issue any guarantees that lightning won't strike, but I haven't heard of anybody having any problems with security walking to or from campus.

demonicr said:
Im renting at the Latitude apartments down south off of county line. i was told by the manager that there are some dental students there. im moving to indy on july 1st, see you all at the orientation....good luck and be safe moving...
Welcome to Greenwood! :D My wife & I live down here too, a little further south of County Line Rd. I like it quite a bit. Rush hour traffic can be a pain, but it's nowhere near as rough as if you're coming in from the north side.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Horse

[/QUOTE]

I am moving all the way from Utah with my wife and 2 kids on June 20. Just around the corner! We are going to be living in a place called Manchester Village. There are lots of med and dent students with families there.

rwilli477 said:
Not to sound like a rebel, but has anybody dissented and purchased a laptop that is not one of the three required by the school?
Hi Ryan,

It might work if you're willing to take the gamble, but this year the school-recommended laptops went from "recommended" to "required." If you have a different laptop and you make friends with the computer people, you might be able to get away with it; but even though they're ******edly overequipped and overpriced, if you haven't bought a laptop yet I'd probably recommend one of the Dells.

aphistis said:
Welcome to Greenwood! :D My wife & I live down here too, a little further south of County Line Rd. I like it quite a bit. Rush hour traffic can be a pain, but it's nowhere near as rough as if you're coming in from the north side.

cool. im actually right on the border of indianapolis and greenwood, on the indianapolis side. i heard there are a lot of tonadoes down there. is that true? oh wells.. i like the south side of town, its nice and clean. how long it take for you to get to school by the way?

demonicr said:
cool. im actually right on the border of indianapolis and greenwood, on the indianapolis side. i heard there are a lot of tonadoes down there. is that true? oh wells.. i like the south side of town, its nice and clean. how long it take for you to get to school by the way?
Well, it IS the Midwest, but the real estate market doesn't seem too concerned about tornadoes appearing & tearing up buildings. You ought to be fine. ;)

As for the inbound commute, during rush hour it usually runs about 35 minutes. I-65 is usually stop-&-go, but as you approach the south split it gets better (you're in the lanes for the I-70 ramp, while everybody else stays on 65). If you're coming in outside of rush hour, call it 20-25 depending on how many green lights you catch.

aphistis said:
If you're anywhere within walking distance of IUPUI, you're in a pretty nice part of town. I don't want to issue any guarantees that lightning won't strike, but I haven't heard of anybody having any problems with security walking to or from campus.

Sorry guys I was only kidding about the muggings, etc. :oops: The dorms/apartments are right across the street from the campus police station. It's probably the safest part of campus!

kshah13 said:
I'm applying for the 2006 cycle. I have a 3.26/3.33 (sci/cum) g.p.a. DAT scores are AA:19, TS:19, PAT:16. I have had research experience, community service, volunteering experience, and I've shadowed 2 dentists.

I applied already and I just wanted to know if I have competitive enough scores to be considered for admission.

Any help would be greatly appreciated......

My stats were very close to yours. If you can get mostly As from here on out (if you're still in school) and rock any interviews you are given, you have a shot. But who knows, the caliber of applicants changes from year to year. This cycle may or may not be more competative than last year's cycle.

I am moving all the way from Utah with my wife and 2 kids on June 20. Just around the corner! We are going to be living in a place called Manchester Village. There are lots of med and dent students with families there.[/QUOTE]

have fun driving here. i live there with my fiance and daughter. the place is great. most of the people living there are either student or senior citizens. i have a feeling you'd be afew houses away from me since. i am sure you have heard enough about the place so i wont bother. i know you'd love it there.

i just looked up the class of 2009 roster. looks like there are still some more spots to fill.

C/O 2009...did all of you get that email about the scrubs...and then the email from the dude who doesnt know how to hit the 'reply to sender' button? Hilarious! Anyone going to buy scrubs through IUSD?

Kshah...where are you at in Chicago? I am in the northern suburbs. Oh and about your stats...if you apply early I like your chances. Just make sure to have fulfilled the anatomy requirement as well as the biochem requirement. A lot of people overlook this detail and is a major reason many have gotten rejected or havent applied in the first place. Where do you go to school?

rwilli...I too am debating about the computer even though they say in the technology letter that the Dell's are required. My parents have a laptop that I have been using for quite a while and its very dependable and pretty capable as well. In addition to this, as I have mentioned a million times before, I am on one of my state schools waitlist (#3) and its possible I could be called after July 6th (in fact very possible...orientation for them is 8/15). So, I dont want to be stuck with a computer that I dont need (the school I am waitlisted at doesnt require laptops). However, Dell said they have a 30 day return policy...so really I am not sure what I am going to do. I guess I am curious if we actually need the computers for the summer session or if they are utilized starting in the fall semester. As much as I hate to do this...I am probably going to wait and see how orientation goes and order it/not order it based on how things run. Bill, if you have any advice...feel free....

Personally, if I do spend my 4 years at IU, I plan to stay closer to the city...the outlying parts can get pretty rural (more like small towns than suburbs). Greenwood is ok...but I guess I will see when I get down there. I think Indy is a great place and you cant beat the cost of living in comparison to Chicago, New York, Boston, Philly, etc. Everything in Indy is much cheaper than large cities (I guess thats a no-brainer but there really is a huge difference in the cost of living). I plan to wait to get to Indy to do some shopping because of this. About tornadoes...the spring can get pretty violent...I have seen some green skies (at least in Bloomington), and heard of tornado action in smaller parts of IN that are on the outskirts of Indy.

I wonder why IU is waiting to fill the class? Weird. Looking forward to meeting all of you...I too am planning to move, unpack, and go home starting on the 3rd and will come back on the 5th in the morning. Cant miss the 4th with your friends. I am down for meeting up on the 5th.

One last thing...Bill...in terms of the gym (I think its in or near the natatorium) how does that work? Can we just go in and tell them we are students or do we have to wait until we get the Jaguar card or whatever its called (the student ID pass)? Do you think the gym is a nice place to workout or do you recommend one of the million private gyms in the outlying areas?

aphistis said:
Ahmad, you're a second-year now. Change your signature already! :D

Bill i havent gotten all my grades yet. :laugh:

j/k.

well, hope you guys have a great summer. i am off to LA for 10 days. have fun in the clinics Bill while i am out at the beach drinking my coronas. :)

PERFECT3435 said:
Bill i havent gotten all my grades yet. :laugh:

j/k.

well, hope you guys have a great summer. i am off to LA for 10 days. have fun in the clinics Bill while i am out at the beach drinking my coronas. :)
How do you know I won't be drinking Coronas too? :D Enjoy your vacation!

Bullfan16 said:
rwilli...I too am debating about the computer even though they say in the technology letter that the Dell's are required. My parents have a laptop that I have been using for quite a while and its very dependable and pretty capable as well. In addition to this, as I have mentioned a million times before, I am on one of my state schools waitlist (#3) and its possible I could be called after July 6th (in fact very possible...orientation for them is 8/15). So, I dont want to be stuck with a computer that I dont need (the school I am waitlisted at doesnt require laptops). However, Dell said they have a 30 day return policy...so really I am not sure what I am going to do. I guess I am curious if we actually need the computers for the summer session or if they are utilized starting in the fall semester. As much as I hate to do this...I am probably going to wait and see how orientation goes and order it/not order it based on how things run. Bill, if you have any advice...feel free....

I'd call the school and ask. Aren't we supposed to receive the comps during orientation? :confused: It sucks you're in this predicament...

As far as the scrubs e-mail, I'm gonna get my scrubs online. 25$ is very pricey for one set of scrubs. Yeah, I'd be embarassed if I were that guy that hit the reply-all button. :laugh:

Bullfan16 said:
As much as I hate to do this...I am probably going to wait and see how orientation goes and order it/not order it based on how things run. Bill, if you have any advice...feel free....
In your situation, I'd probably sit tight and see what happens. You shouldn't be in desperate need of your laptops during the first few months, so you should be able to sit back and see how your enrollment picture firms up before you drop the money for the IUSD laptops.

One last thing...Bill...in terms of the gym (I think its in or near the natatorium) how does that work? Can we just go in and tell them we are students or do we have to wait until we get the Jaguar card or whatever its called (the student ID pass)? Do you think the gym is a nice place to workout or do you recommend one of the million private gyms in the outlying areas?
I think you're talking about NIFS (National Institute for Fitness & Sport), which is located behind the natatorium. You don't have to wait till you get an ID, you can just print off your schedule to show them when you sign up, and they'll give you the student rate. I'm a member at NIFS and I personally love it. It's the only gym I've been to that I've enjoyed anywhere near this much, plus they're right on the way home from school, so there's no excuse not to stop in for an hour in the afternoons to avoid rush hour. I'd definitely give them a look before you hit up any of the private gyms.

Hi everyone!
Newbie here. I found this site a few months ago before I interviewed and hungeroverly found the IUSD thread this morning, and it took me all but 8 years to read it. I just got in off of the waitlist this summer and I thought I'd join in to say hi. In the spirit of consistency, I'll do an intro:
21 yr old GermanIrishCherokee called Anna
Undergrad: IUB
Vegetarian (woot! go IWuvTeef)
Family: no significant others or shorties
I know some of you are musical peoples too-I play cello and did the orchestra here at IU for a while and took cello performance, but I'm certainly not a music major. I also play guitar and piano (probably shouldn't admit that b/c I suck at both).

How are the tooth collections going? I have yet to start. Should you just walk into random oral surgeons offices with cups of the solutions and ask for teeth?? Or should I call a bunch of offices first? What works best?

I also just wanted to say you guys are awesome. It's also really cool that you more experienced students are helping to show the ropes.

Since I went to IU, I know a couple of random people here and there from undergrad that will be in our class. I'm not buddy-buddy with any of them, but they are all really cool, so you out-of-staters should be fine. I'm really excited, it sounds like we'll have a fun class.

DentalFlossie said:
Hi everyone!
Newbie here. I found this site a few months ago before I interviewed and hungeroverly found the IUSD thread this morning, and it took me all but 8 years to read it. I just got in off of the waitlist this summer and I thought I'd join in to say hi. In the spirit of consistency, I'll do an intro:
I know some of you are musical peoples too-I play cello and did the orchestra here at IU for a while and took cello performance, but I'm certainly not a music major. I also play guitar and piano (probably shouldn't admit that b/c I suck at both).

How are the tooth collections going? I have yet to start. Should you just walk into random oral surgeons offices with cups of the solutions and ask for teeth?? Or should I call a bunch of offices first? What works best?

I also just wanted to say you guys are awesome. It's also really cool that you more experienced students are helping to show the ropes.

Since I went to IU, I know a couple of random people here and there from undergrad that will be in our class. I'm not buddy-buddy with any of them, but they are all really cool, so you out-of-staters should be fine. I'm really excited, it sounds like we'll have a fun class.

Welcome to SDN! I'm the same way on piano & guitar; we should start a band. :D

DentalFlossie said:
Hi everyone!

Sweet! I thought I'd be the only one. I think we'll mesh well. ;)

For teeth, yeah call places and then bring them the jar. I was going to do it this summer, but then I was told by students that we won't need them til second semester. Since I'm getting the chompers cleaned tomorrow, I'll bring a jar with me to the office.

We're all gonna try to meet up July 5th somewhere in Indy. Bill, you'll have to help us with good places to meet. :D

IWuvTeef said:
Sweet! I thought I'd be the only one. I think we'll mesh well. ;)

For teeth, yeah call places and then bring them the jar. I was going to do it this summer, but then I was told by students that we won't need them til second semester. Since I'm getting the chompers cleaned tomorrow, I'll bring a jar with me to the office.

We're all gonna try to meet up July 5th somewhere in Indy. Bill, you'll have to help us with good places to meet. :D
I'd love to! For me to make it, though, it'd have to be in the evening that day. I'm in the National Guard, and our little two-week deal runs June 25-July 8. We get back from a concert tour that day, so I'll be busy till 3:30 or 4. After that, though, I'm all good. :D

Any suggestions as to which anatomy atlas is the best? The choices we were given are: 1)Grant's Atlas of Anatomy 2)A Regional Atlas of the Human Body 3)Atlas of the Human Anatomy. I just want to check on prices ahead of time. Thanks.

aphistis said:
I'd love to! For me to make it, though, it'd have to be in the evening that day. I'm in the National Guard, and our little two-week deal runs June 25-July 8. We get back from a concert tour that day, so I'll be busy till 3:30 or 4. After that, though, I'm all good. :D
:thumbup:

Mr. M

I have not gotten the letter yet, but when I do, I plan on searching through Amazon.com.

Bill

You're our TA. Suggestions? :D

IWuvTeef said:
:thumbup:

Mr. M

I have not gotten the letter yet, but when I do, I plan on searching through Amazon.com.

Bill

You're our TA. Suggestions? :D
It depends on what you're wanting your anatomy atlas to do for you. I have Netter, and I personally think it's the best resource by far when it comes to learning anatomy schematics for lecture exams (and the NBDE). It has accurate, colorful illustrations that are excellent for the intellectual half of anatomy...

...but not terribly helpful when you're digging through fascia trying to figure out where the hell the glossopharyngeal nerve is hiding. For a lab reference, I'd REALLY suggest getting a copy of Rohen, if nobody has one, and splitting the cost between you. It's like a photo album of prosections and, in my undistinguished opinion, is much more helpful during the dissections themselves.

Everybody has their own opinion when it comes to anatomy books, but for what it's worth, that's my perspective.

Thanks for the tip! I guess I'll go for the Netter. For anatomy, I'd always thought that we'd each have our own cadaver, but it sounds like there aren't enough to go around. Just out of curiousity, how many people are there per cadaver?
Also, I'd love to meet up on the 5th too . . . maybe somewhere in Broad Ripple? I've only been to Broad Ripple a few times, but it seems more student friendly than downtown. So Bill, what's the skinny on the scene in Indy?
Thanks again for the advice and warm welcomes.

PERFECT3435 said:
i just looked up the class of 2009 roster. looks like there are still some more spots to fill.
Does anyone else know about this? Can anyone provide more information for me about the vacancies in the class roster? I'm on the IUSD alternate list and am #1 currently and would like to attend IUSD. Thanks for any more info.

fubecca said:
Does anyone else know about this? Can anyone provide more information for me about the vacancies in the class roster? I'm on the IUSD alternate list and am #1 currently and would like to attend IUSD. Thanks for any more info.

The admissions office would be your best bet on finding your answers.

Off the top of my head, the only shots I can remember are:

*Measels/Mumps/Rubella
*Tetnus
*Chicken pox
*Hepatitus B
*TB skin test

Good luck. We hope you can join us this summer.
Here's some info on the laptop and other relevant stuff: http://www.iusd.iupui.edu/depts/edu/sa/new_students/default.htm

Anybody else look at the Summer/Fall 2005 schedule we received today?? :eek: Looks like I'm going to have a rude awakening from my 12-credit final semester of undergrad. :scared:

Yeah, I just got done printing that out. As I looked through it, I think I had a heart attack and a stroke at the same time. :laugh:

Yaaaa...haven't started collecting teeth. Funny thing is, I am not worried...and I don't think I will start collecting them either! lol :laugh:

rwilli477 said:
Anybody else look at the Summer/Fall 2005 schedule we received today?? :eek: Looks like I'm going to have a rude awakening from my 12-credit final semester of undergrad. :scared:

how did you recieved it?

lunguv said:
Yaaaa...haven't started collecting teeth. Funny thing is, I am not worried...and I don't think I will start collecting them either! lol :laugh:

good to have you back, lung.

Demonicr: via IU e-mail

For some reason I am not getting the same e-mails you all are getting. I haven't received any, actually. I was having my iu e-mail forwarded to my hotmail, and I guess they just weren't getting to me. So...I added an IU e-mail address now, but I don't know how to get the info I missed. Was it just the Summer and Fall schedule? Was there anything else? Can someone forward that stuff to me? My iu e-mail address is [email protected] . If someone could please forward it to me and let me know that you did so I can be sure my account is set up right, I would really appreciate it!! We gotta look out for eachother, right? Thanks a lot....

horseless said:
For some reason I am not getting the same e-mails you all are getting. I haven't received any, actually. I was having my iu e-mail forwarded to my hotmail, and I guess they just weren't getting to me. So...I added an IU e-mail address now, but I don't know how to get the info I missed. Was it just the Summer and Fall schedule? Was there anything else? Can someone forward that stuff to me? My iu e-mail address is [email protected] . If someone could please forward it to me and let me know that you did so I can be sure my account is set up right, I would really appreciate it!! We gotta look out for eachother, right? Thanks a lot....

your email addres is @iu.edu? mines is at @iupui.edu. maybe thats why you are not recieving those e-mails. anyhow i just forwarded that e-mail to you.

demonicr said:
your email addres is @iu.edu? mines is at @iupui.edu. maybe thats why you are not recieving those e-mails. anyhow i just forwarded that e-mail to you.
Sorry....my address is [email protected]. Can you send it again? Thanks.

Anyone who has looked at/printed out the schedule think it is extremely confusing? I realize we havent even started July orientation, but its pretty messed up.

Hey guys,

Well, I lot has happened when I was out on vacation. I have my mail sent to my hotmail account too and sometimes i find it in the junk folder....so you might wanna check there.

Anyways, I'm nervous about the start of things. I'll be moving there next week. I have no clue how the whole financial aid thing works. How do we and when do we get the $$$ ??

Well...other then that, i think i'm ready. I have yet to purchase my books, i think i'll do that once I get to indiana.

How can i get an iupui email account??

horseless said:

I have not recieved any of those emails either. Come to think of it.....no teeth, no scrubs, no shots, no money, no books........The only thing I have is the computer.

I guess everything will fall into place on the 6th. I will be in Indianapolis on the 5th. We really should set something up and get together!!! Gotta go to the movies with my hot dates........HA, my parents!!!!

sahar1118 said:
I have not recieved any of those emails either. Come to think of it.....no teeth, no scrubs, no shots, no money, no books........The only thing I have is the computer.

I guess everything will fall into place on the 6th. I will be in Indianapolis on the 5th. We really should set something up and get together!!! Gotta go to the movies with my hot dates........HA, my parents!!!!

i will be moving in on july 1st, im down to meet up on the 5th if you guys want to.

demonicr said:
i will be moving in on july 1st, im down to meet up on the 5th if you guys want to.

Moving in on the first as well....with parents and fiance. Going back to Chicago for the 3rd, 4th and part of 5th. Coming back to Indy on the 5th in the AM....where should we all go? Before my interview a 3rd year took me to Rock Bottom...it was a nice place. Anyone else have any suggestions?

aphistis said:
It depends on what you're wanting your anatomy atlas to do for you. I have Netter, and I personally think it's the best resource by far when it comes to learning anatomy schematics for lecture exams (and the NBDE). It has accurate, colorful illustrations that are excellent for the intellectual half of anatomy...

...but not terribly helpful when you're digging through fascia trying to figure out where the hell the glossopharyngeal nerve is hiding. For a lab reference, I'd REALLY suggest getting a copy of Rohen, if nobody has one, and splitting the cost between you. It's like a photo album of prosections and, in my undistinguished opinion, is much more helpful during the dissections themselves.

Everybody has their own opinion when it comes to anatomy books, but for what it's worth, that's my perspective.

After digging through my car trunk, I found my anatomy picture atlas...turns out its Rohen's "Color Atlas of Anatomy". I loved using it in Anatomy/Physiology because it was really helpful for the mesenteric veins and arteries as well as the various other veins, arteries, muscles, nerves, etc. It made digging through cadavers that much easier. Great book. Anyway, I can bring it to lab for all those that want to see it. I also have another picture atlas (Human Anatomy-Color Atlas and Text-3rd edition-Gosling, Harris, Humpherson, Whitmore, Willan) complete with medical illustration on the opposite page. I found Rohen to be more helpful, but its still a good book. It also has information which is helpful for lab and somewhat helpful for lecture, but overall as Bill mentioned, I would assume that Netters is probably the best for lecture material.