It's time to reignite DO pride!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DucktorQuack

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an osteopathic medical student, and I want to address a concern I have about growing negativity toward the osteopathic profession.

Every single day, my peers say crazy things about our profession. They say outrageous things like, "a majority of DO students chose DO school because they lacked the academic qualifications to go to an MD program, not because they care about the osteopathic 'philosophy.'" Some even say, "craniosacral therapy is pseudo-scientific nonsense that has caused completely avoidable patient deaths, albeit rarely."

These claims are, as we all know, categorically false.

The other day, I heard a fellow student go as far as to say that, "Andrew Taylor Still was not a divine prophet who performed daily miracles and brought the dead back to life." (Of course, I immediately reported this traitor to the dean of student affairs so that disciplinary action could be taken.)

For the love of Still, why can't we take pride in our profession? Here are just a few reasons to be proud:

Unlike allopathic medicine, osteopathic medicine is HOLISTIC. (Most MDs aren't aware that they're treating whole human beings; those dummies can't look beyond individual body parts, because they didn't go to osteopathic medical school.)

Unlike allopathic medicine, osteopathic medicine involves OSTEOPATHIC MANIPULATIVE MEDICINE. (MDs can't act as part-time chiropractors.)

And there are so many other reasons that I won't bother listing... because you're all already aware of what they are.

OSTEOPATHS, TAKE PRIDE IN WHAT YOU DO. WE ARE CARRYING THE ENORMOUS TORCH OF A.T. STILL IN OUR HANDS.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Solid troll at first, but should have chosen a better handle and avatar if you wanted it to actually work.

Reactions: 10 users
Every day this site turns more Reddit like with just complete **** posting.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The other day, I heard a fellow student go as far as to say that, "Andrew Taylor Still was not a divine prophet who performed daily miracles and brought the dead back to life." (Of course, I immediately reported this traitor to the dean of student affairs so that disciplinary action could be taken.)

So instead of confronting the person about it you go behind their back and report them. This comment is luke warm offensive at best. If you pulled this stunt with any of my classmates and they find out, they would isolate you in a heartbeat (myself included).

I advise you to brush off comments like this if you believe in OMM, because in life you will face people who don't believe what you believe on a regular basis.

And the feeding of the trolls commences ...

Reactions: 1 user
So instead of confronting the person about it you go behind their back and report them. This comment is luke warm offensive at best. If you pulled this stunt with any of my classmates and they find out, they would isolate you in a heartbeat (myself included).

I advise you to brush off comments like this if you believe in OMM, because in life you will face people who don't believe what you believe on a regular basis.
:eyebrow:

Solid troll at first, but should have chosen a better handle and avatar if you wanted it to actually work.

I agree the first paragraph was a good troll. After the Still comment I was bored and the joke lost creativity

Reactions: 1 users
Fling the banner of osteopathy my friend.

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.