It's been quiet here...what's up with the new pedi interns/fellows?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oldbearprofessor

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thread for telling (positive) stories about either your new internship or fellowship position and how it's going or how you are doing working with new interns or fellows. Positive stories only please, save the griping for elsewhere. Or, if you must tell a negative story, tell us a happy ending to it (e.g. I got 13 admissions my first night, nearly quit, but then I came home and someone had bought me a dozen cookies)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Thread for telling (positive) stories about either your new internship or fellowship position and how it's going or how you are doing working with new interns or fellows. Positive stories only please, save the griping for elsewhere. Or, if you must tell a negative story, tell us a happy ending to it (e.g. I got 13 admissions my first night, nearly quit, but then I came home and someone had bought me a dozen cookies)

I am pretty sure that if an Intern wanted to hear an attending scold them for not being more positive they could get that at work.

Reactions: 1 users
Our new fellow is adorably enthusiastic. He’s already looking for ways to get involved in multiple projects. My cofellow and I were still in a state of “what am I supposed to do?” At this point last year.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
To keep it positive, I was pretty torn between two specialties initially and met my cofellows and our personalities just meshed and it really made me feel like I made the right choice. And I was feeling really overwhelmed in a new, large, academic hospital system with a completely different EMR and while my first shift was slow and a learning shift, I really felt that I would find my groove in a couple more shifts and everything would fall into place. so I am pumped about my new fellowship!

Reactions: 6 users
I am pretty sure that if an Intern wanted to hear an attending scold them for not being more positive they could get that at work.

Lololol.

Buuutttt my first 24 I thought I’d might quit but glad I didn’t. My senior resident was awesome and pulled me out of the fire after my 4th after midnight admission.... this was after a very long first 18hours

Last edited:
First year NICU fellow here..slowly getting used to the new place. The variation in practices are tremendous to understand and I love talking about variations with the attendings..trying to get a few projects going if the clinical duty and/or board studying will allow me time for it :p

Yes, I almost quit my first day of fellowship, but with more experience, good teachers, amazingly supportive residents and co-fellows, I think I won't!