It Is DOABLE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MStoresidency

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear Caribbean Medical Students,

Greetins! I will most likely reveal my name in the future, but not now. I attended Ross from 2007 to 2009. In 2009, I got lucky and transferred back to a US medical school; today, I am a resident doctor. I was approached many many many many many many times after the transfer and so I just want to make this clear (from a first-person narrative): for those of you who are interested in transferring, though doable, it does not happen often. Transferring back to a US medical school from the Caribbean requires a lot of hard work as well as a lot of luck. Therefore, for those of you who are interested in transferring back to a US medical school, keep up the good work and keep working hard. For those of you who just want to survive well in the Caribbean and become great doctors, which I am sure you all will as long as you keep working hard, you still have to work hard because the Match can be extremely brutal, especially for IMG's. I wish nothing but the best for all of you! Good luck!

Sincerely,

One Who Cares

Members don't see this ad.

Dear Caribbean Medical Students,

Greetins! I will most likely reveal my name in the future, but not now. I attended Ross from 2007 to 2009. In 2009, I
got lucky and transferred back to a US medical school; today, I am a resident doctor. I was approached many many many many many many times after the transfer and so I just want to make this clear (from a first-person narrative): for those of you who are interested in transferring, though doable, it does not happen often. Transferring back to a US medical school from the Caribbean requires a lot of hard work as well as a lot of luck. Therefore, for those of you who are interested in transferring back to a US medical school, keep up the good work and keep working hard. For those of you who just want to survive well in the Caribbean and become great doctors, which I am sure you all will as long as you keep working hard, you still have to work hard because the Match can be extremely brutal, especially for IMG's. I wish nothing but the best for all of you! Good luck!

Sincerely,

One Who Cares

And, therein is the crux of it. Doable? Yes. But, if you got to the Carib, don't make this part of your primary plan, as it is unlikely to happen for you.

-Skip

And, therein is the crux of it. Doable? Yes. But, if you got to the Carib, don't make this part of your primary plan, as it is unlikely to happen for you.

-Skip

I would second this, at least in most people's cases.