Is This Real?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tramadeezy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
I don’t believe how the story is being portrayed. Sounds like the baby had a horrible shoulder dystocia (she also looks like she’s 5’0 BMI 45) and passed due to prolonged vaginal delivery/instrumentation and lack of perfusion. Likely the baby was already deceased before performing the c section. Not sure how the head was removed but likely they couldn’t get it back up into the uterine cavity during the section.

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
I don’t believe how the story is being portrayed. Sounds like the baby had a horrible shoulder dystocia (she also looks like she’s 5’0 BMI 45) and passed due to prolonged vaginal delivery/instrumentation and lack of perfusion. Likely the baby was already deceased before performing the c section. Not sure how the head was removed but likely they couldn’t get it back up into the uterine cavity during the section.

I didn’t read the whole thing yesterday. Since I’ve heard of “decapitation” of fetus before.
I think the most likely explanation is presented here. I cannot imaging if the fetus was still viable they waited 3 hours.

Her career is over.

• Sad
Members don't see this ad :)
I didn’t read the whole thing yesterday. Since I’ve heard of “decapitation” of fetus before.
I think the most likely explanation is presented here. I cannot imaging if the fetus was still viable they waited 3 hours.

Her career is over.

I’m actually pretty skeptical of the plaintiff’s narrative. And I really doubt the hospital and the physician tried to cover anything up. Most of their coverup allegations sound like they were trying to give them some closure after a very traumatic experience.

Provided the OB wasn’t grossly negligent, I doubt her career is over.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m actually pretty skeptical of the plaintiff’s narrative. And I really doubt the hospital and the physician tried to cover anything up. Most of their coverup allegations sound like they were trying to give them some closure after a very traumatic experience.

Provided the OB wasn’t grossly negligent, I doubt her career is over.

There’s some blurb about the medical examiners office wasn’t contacted until a day or two later.
I also don’t understand why the body and legs came out with c-section, but the head came out vaginally? There are a lot of things missing for sure.

The lead attorney, was a general surgeon, if that has anything to do with anything.

If it was me, even if I came out of this unscathed, I would think twice about practice again. If you or your spouse were to become her patient, will you be able to feel comfortable? As with all these big hospital and physicians were named as defendants, most likely she will be hang out to dry.

I’m surprised this doesn’t happen more. Every time I see that vacuum suction device pop as they’re yanking on it I am just waiting for a head to go flying across the room.

Just make the dang incision bigger please.

Reactions: 4 users
There’s some blurb about the medical examiners office wasn’t contacted until a day or two later.
I also don’t understand why the body and legs came out with c-section, but the head came out vaginally? There are a lot of things missing for sure.

The lead attorney, was a general surgeon, if that has anything to do with anything.

If it was me, even if I came out of this unscathed, I would think twice about practice again. If you or your spouse were to become her patient, will you be able to feel comfortable? As with all these big hospital and physicians were named as defendants, most likely she will be hang out to dry.

The delivery was at midnight. It’s not a suspicious death so a day or two later isn’t abnormal.

If the was for likely IUFD, and the shoulder dystocia was so severe, they may have had to extract the fetus by that method.

I guess the facts will give us more info. We only have the one side.

Lastly, the lawsuit media blitz often correlates with weaker cases.

Bad things can happen to excellent docs.

Last edited:
I've seen a case in training where a gestational diabetic mother with large baby who was birthed vaginally that resulted in a "cervicothoracic dissociation." The xray image has forever been ingrained in my mind.

• Wow
I've seen the internal decapitation too. Not cool.

Also a breech intrauterine death, with tissue that wasn't as strongly connected as it would have been some days prior. Horrible experience.