Is this OK?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chemdoctor

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Working on having a back up plan B.

In order to do this I need to take some science courses. However, my alma Mater institution won’t let me take them because they are “2000” level courses and I’m already deep into my undergrad degree.

I want to take them at a local CC but is that OK? I don’t want to wait until after I graduate to take them. It’d be cheaper for me to take them next semester alongside my current undergrad alma Mater classes. Is this OK Or will it look like I’m avoiding the hard ones?

PS: these are pretty intense courses
Microbiology w Lab
Anatomy sequence

I do NOT need these for my degree. Just for my “plan b” backup

Members don't see this ad.

That is RIDICULOUS your college won't let you take some 2000 classes. Are you able to add a second minor or something that would put them on the required classes you have to take? Take them at your university in summer school?

That is RIDICULOUS your college won't let you take some 2000 classes. Are you able to add a second minor or something that would put them on the required classes you have to take? Take them at your university in summer school?

Nope. Can’t do that :-/

I could take them over the summer but it just complicates my schedule.

Members don't see this ad :)
Some universities will not let you take courses at another college concurrently if you are a full time student, check their rules.

Why do you need a plan B? Are you a current applicant that might be a reapplicant? If that is the case, are you sure taking a few science courses is the best way to improve your application?

Reactions: 1 user
Why do you need a plan B? Are you a current applicant that might be a reapplicant? If that is the case, are you sure taking a few science courses is the best way to improve your application?

Well I’m just planning for my plan b and it’d be easier to take these classes now. They’re not for gpa boosts; they are to to get into a program that I want

Have you considered going to your advisor, discussing your plans for PA prerequisites? In my experience, an advisor signature can get around many rules.

Reactions: 1 user
Chemdoc hang in there. The battle is not over

Have you considered going to your advisor, discussing your plans for PA prerequisites? In my experience, an advisor signature can get around many rules.

How did you know it’s for PA?!