Is this "free online 6 week classes" really sketchy?? or can it boost my sGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cofffeemed

Reaction score
So I came across this article that says it gives 130+ free online courses, including Epidemiology and Intro to Human Phys.
Copy and Pasted this from the article
Introductory Human Physiology from Duke University
Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
First of all, is this sketchy? Second of all, if I do this (it's free why not) will this count towards my science gpa for med school assuming I can get an A? I'm currently a reinvention pre-med trying to boost a low gpa

Here's the article: For a Limited Time, Coursera Offers Free Certificates for 115 Courses. Here is the Full List. — Class Central

Members don't see this ad.

So I came across this article that says it gives 130+ free online courses, including Epidemiology and Intro to Human Phys.
Copy and Pasted this from the article
Introductory Human Physiology from Duke University
Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
First of all, is this sketchy? Second of all, if I do this (it's free why not) will this count towards my science gpa for med school assuming I can get an A? I'm currently a reinvention pre-med trying to boost a low gpa

Here's the article: For a Limited Time, Coursera Offers Free Certificates for 115 Courses. Here is the Full List. — Class Central
Free classes, but not directly taught by a university. You can take the quizzes multiple times. This is not an official class in any capacity at all. That website and UNC are not going to give you a transcript with a grade. If you read the course description, they don't even offer a final grade, only a certificate of completion.

Is it sketchy? Not at all. It looks to be taught by actual professors at the Universities and people have enjoyed their class because they are genuinely interested in the subject material.

Reactions: 1 users
I’m so bored I signed up for that Duke physio. lol. Pre-recorded on your own pace lecture. The physio class has 200k signed up.

Reactions: 1 users