Is there limit to number of schools you can apply to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Geo16

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can I apply to 50 schools?
Or is there a limit?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, If you have the $ then no limit exists. The only catch is if you apply for early decision (usually September timeframe). Once an early decision is made (acceptance), you must attend that school or you’ll be flagged for that cycle and must wait until the following year to reapply.

Also, if you’re denied early admission, you cannot apply elsewhere until the school has released your application (through PharmCAS).

Reactions: 2 users
Well, If you have the $ then no limit exists. The only catch is if you apply for early decision (usually September timeframe). Once an early decision is made (acceptance), you must attend that school or you’ll be flagged for that cycle and must wait until the following year to reapply.

Also, if you’re denied early admission, you cannot apply elsewhere until the school has released your application (through PharmCAS).
Okay just avoid the early decision time frame!
Gotcha.

Pre-med forum is the other way >>>
I would stay there, as the future of pharmacy is dark and full of terrors.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Okay just avoid the early decision time frame!
Gotcha.

If this is the path you decide to choose, then I'd consider applying early decision. You get the interview and answer for an acceptance much earlier than most school applicants. This could mean saving a lot of $ if you do indeed decide to apply to 50+ schools.

To this I say, caveat emptor

Reactions: 1 users
You can throw away as much money as you'd like.

PharmCAS thanks you for your money.

But if you were smart, you would not be applying to pharmacy school. Period.

Reactions: 1 users
You can throw away as much money as you'd like.

Guess since he's throwing his life away in the process $$$ doesn't matter....

Reactions: 1 user
Can I apply to 50 schools?
Or is there a limit?

When I applied in 2008-2009 I applied to them all believe it or not. I just wanted to make sure I got in no matter what, I had so many interviews I just decided among the top three interviews of schools I liked. I think it only cost like $1500-2K to apply to all on pharmcas. Supplemental though, definitely didn’t do more than 5-10.

• Wow
Nope - In general the limit to the number of pharmacy schools which you can apply for is only matched by the level of stupidity of the applicant.

I think this is a good rule of thumb

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
If this is the path you decide to choose, then I'd consider applying early decision. You get the interview and answer for an acceptance much earlier than most school applicants. This could mean saving a lot of $ if you do indeed decide to apply to 50+ schools.

To this I say, caveat emptor
Early decision only benefits the schools not the pre pharms

Reactions: 1 user
how bad does it have to get before the younger generation stops going to pharmacy school? I'm absolutely mind boggled they just keep applying and going.....

how bad does it have to get before the younger generation stops going to pharmacy school? I'm absolutely mind boggled they just keep applying and going.....

1) All current pharmacists making over $50/hr would have to get laid off or fired and replaced with new hires for $40-45/hr. That way pre-pharms can stop saying "my friend makes $60/hr".
2) The average salary on glassdoor needs to stop showing 6 figures. It needs to show realistic salaries such as $70,000 per year.
3) Those stupid "top ten highest salary jobs" lists need to stop putting pharmacists at number 2 below doctors.

The government keeps handing out mortgages to anyone who breathes and politicians keep talking about student loan forgiveness, so the pre-pharms will never stop pursuing pharmacy school.