Is there anything we can do about the Ca BoP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCSD2009

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a California resident who went to a California school of pharmacy attempting to take the NAPLEX and CPJE in California. Like many of you, I graduated 3 months ago and am still awaiting Authorization To Test.

I wonder if there is anything we can do to prevent this extent of delay in the future. Is the process for candidate review available to the public? Can we see the process and suggest how to streamline it? California's budget does not seem to be going in a positive direction. The executive order for Friday Furloughs may not end any time soon. Personally, I would like to see if there are steps in the licensure process that P4s could help with as part of their administration rotation experience, or as part of a senior project. As a recent PharmD and APhA, ASHP member I would be willing to volunteer to screen applications for licensure to speed the process along.

If anyone else has suggestions, please think about it and talk to your representatives. I will be writing letters to Virginia Herold, CEO of the BoP, and Ken Schell, President of the BoP. Please join me in attempting to provide a solution to this problem for future CA pharmacy applicants.

Members don't see this ad.

Here is my apathy/pessimism kicking in. There is nothing anybody can do about the crappy process that the board is undertaking. Nobody really cares about our situation.

This is a wonderful suggestion and I would love to support your cause, but what is your plan? I know no one cares, but the future of your students should care, and we should make our BoP better. Maybe you can also suggest fighting for the QA's not to last so long so that we also do not lose our jobs like many of us have. The best thing to do is to gather up your school and gain the support of UCSD's dean to write a very powerful letter. You may also want to address anybody at your school and seek the help of those who actually work for the BOP. Some faculty may have some connections. Goodluck and let me know what I can do.