Is the Little ICU Book too old?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trevithick

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an incoming medicine intern, and since I've heard ICU is the most challenging part of intern year, I figured I would take the edge off by flipping through a resource ahead of time. I wanted something high yield, and quickly/easily readable so I grabbed the Little ICU Book. Overall it's been an enjoyable read but the fluid resuscitation is definitely outdated (advocating for colloids), and now I'm a bit worried about the accuracy of the rest of the book. To anyone who's read it, how well does it hold up and does the good outweigh the bad?

Members don't see this ad.

Grab the big ICU book. The inkling ebook that comes free with the printed version is updated every 3 months.

Do you get the updated inkling version with the kindle version?

Sent from my SM-N910P using SDN mobile
No. Just with the physical book. I don't know whether the Kindle version gets updated, too, or just the Inkling one. But I think the physical book (which includes the free Inkling version) is a much-much better deal. Inkling is way better than the Kindle format.