Is the deadline too late if your app is already verified?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Hey, all, I've been thinking of applying to a program whose deadline is today, but I had trouble doing the essays for a while. My application is verified already, so if I applied today, would it be too late? It annoys me that they tell us to apply so early ahead of deadlines because that makes it like... well, change the deadline then. Am I too late if it's today? Should I just save my money on supplemental/gre/application fees and apply elsewhere?

Members don't see this ad.

Some schools still allow you to submit, even after the deadline. If it's already verified, go ahead and submit it.

Depends on if a school’s deadline is considered “soft” or “firm”
If this particular school has a soft deadline then they’d still accept the application I believe. Here’s a link to the list of schools and whether or not their deadline is soft or firm. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, even if it's firm, shouldn't it be accepted the day of the deadline? I'd ask the school, but I am concerned that that would leave a poor impression.

From what I know as long as it’s submitted before the deadline time, you’re fine.
If it’s a firm deadline and you miss it, chances are they won’t accept it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk