Is the AAHPM national conference valuable to network as resident?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

----x----

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Is the AAHPM national conference valuable as a resident planning to apply to fellowship next summer? I won't be presenting a poster, just attending. From the agenda it didn't look like there were any fellowship focused job fairs, instead one for post-training jobs it looks like.

Is virtual only sufficient or is in person a big boon for networking potentially?
I don't know anyone else that will be going currently.
Have you gone/have insight on this event?

Thanks,
x

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

Is the AAHPM national conference valuable as a resident planning to apply to fellowship next summer? I won't be presenting a poster, just attending. From the agenda it didn't look like there were any fellowship focused job fairs, instead one for post-training jobs it looks like.

Is virtual only sufficient or is in person a big boon for networking potentially?
I don't know anyone else that will be going currently.
Have you gone/have insight on this event?

Thanks,
x
Went virtually last year. It wasn’t really worthwhile. Can’t speak to in-person but it’s probably better, know my pd/apd from fellowship are going as do many.

Palliative is generally less competitive, sincere and sustained interest is most important part of app