Is podiatry a family friendly profession?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cobe3mat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone I am considering podiatry as a profession. I just wanted to ask those in the field right now are your work hours/conditions family friendly? What do you like most about your job? What can be improved? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

its what you make of it, but remember, more hours=more money

Sent from my SPH-D600 using SDN Mobile

The education is rigorous for even the most talented students. As for practice, it's a profession you can carve out what you like based on your wants and needs. You will generally have more control of your work week schedule in a private practice, but every job is different.

Hi everyone I am considering podiatry as a profession. I just wanted to ask those in the field right now are your work hours/conditions family friendly? What do you like most about your job? What can be improved? Thanks

As previously stated, it's really what you ultimately decide. If you perform a lot of surgery, it demands more time. If your practice is busy, it demands more time, if you have a strong hospital presence, it demands more time, if you treat emergencies and receive a lot of referrals, it demands more time, etc., etc.

If you want to come in at 10 and leave at 3 daily, that will be your choice. But then you can't blame the profession if you don't succeed.

To be successful you must pay your dues and work hard, which includes hours which at times may be inconvenient. I know of no shortcuts to success..........if anyone does, please fill me in.