is organic chemistry really a hard class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Somepeople are good at memorizing, and bad at dealing with conceptual thinking. Or vice-versa. O-chem will be hard on them. Figurative thinking comes into play also because one has to think in terms of structures. That's a lot of stuff for an immature 20ish year old student brain.

I did well with a 19ish year old brain. Just work problems and actually sit down to memorize the stuff. You'll start to gain an intuition for it over time which will really help in biochem.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I remember ochem to be one of the most challenging courses in undergrad. My professor only gave us 10 questions on the final for both Ochem I&II If your required textbook is Hybrid Organic Chemistry by McMurry, get the textbook by Klein instead. I promise it will help

I remember ochem to be one of the most challenging courses in undergrad. My professor only gave us 10 questions on the final for both Ochem I&II If your required textbook is Hybrid Organic Chemistry by McMurry, get the textbook by Klein instead. I promise it will help

Klein's awesome. I've even e-mailed him a few times with questions. Very nice and helpful guy.

Ochem as a Second Language.

Reactions: 1 user